Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    My proximity sensor turns off my touchscreen when a object is placed 4.5" directly in front of it (I measured).

    How sensitive is your proximity sensor?

    Anyone find any documentation out there that states at what range the sensor should be tripped?

    Just to be clear, I know the EXACT placement of the sensor to the right of earpiece. I placed my pre flat on a table, stood a ruler up next to it (perpendicular to the table), and lowered a hand down until it tripped the sensor.

    I'm on my third pre and this is the only one that ever had an issue with ANY screen protector out there.

    Thanks for the help.
  2. #2  
    id say mine is about 5-7 inches havent measured but thats about where i find that the screen lights up again
  3. #3  
    3.27654 inches. About perfect.

    Hey 063 XOBX - Your freaking me out with the avatars!!!!
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/12/2010 at 12:40 AM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    Ha
  5. #5  
    063 XOBX - Just like a kid. I should have said nothing. Now I am worried. About you mind. DUDE!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by agent009 View Post
    How sensitive is your proximity sensor?
    That's what she said....
  7. #7  
    I dont even think mine works..i manually have to turn the screen off inorder to not cancel the call im on...I dont know where the sensor is located, so i cant even clean it. Probably, its because i have a privacy screen on....Who knows..
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I dont even think mine works..i manually have to turn the screen off inorder to not cancel the call im on...I dont know where the sensor is located, so i cant even clean it. Probably, its because i have a privacy screen on....Who knows..
    It's just to the right of the earpiece, underneath the plastic.
  9. #9  
    You can test the proximity sensor by going into-

    -device info
    -prefs
    -interactive tests
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You can test the proximity sensor by going into-

    -device info
    -prefs
    -interactive tests
    Well..in that case, mine doesn't work..I used the test and the screen didn't go off or dim...i have a screen protector and a hard case plastic cover on the phone...could that be why?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well..in that case, mine doesn't work..I used the test and the screen didn't go off or dim...i have a screen protector and a hard case plastic cover on the phone...could that be why?
    It's definitely possible. Try it without it and u'll know for sure.
  12. #12  
    Yah i'll take them off later and attempt the test again...Its either the cover and the case or the fact that I dropped the phone alot...either way..the one year warranty is still around..
  13. #13  
    Ok, good luck.

Posting Permissions