1.    #1  
    Hi.

I recently tried to install a patch for viewing the PDF files in landscape, but didn't see the "install extract PDF viewer application" first. So, I removed the patch, but now I can't zoom in or out of any PDF files, or the one excel file I have in the documents app.

Is there anyone that can help me figure this out?

Thanks
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalla1 View Post
    Hi.

I recently tried to install a patch for viewing the PDF files in landscape, but didn't see the "install extract PDF viewer application" first. So, I removed the patch, but now I can't zoom in or out of any PDF files, or the one excel file I have in the documents app.

Is there anyone that can help me figure this out?

Thanks
    I too was confused about the extract PDF viewer application indication, but found that it must have been an old note, and must now be built into the patch, because the patch worked just fine after I installed it. Regarding zooming in and out on PDF's, are you trying to zoom in and out like you do on the browser (pinching and dragging)? It's different for a PDF - just double tap on the screen to zoom in, and double tap again to zoom out.
  3.    #3  
    Gee, thanks, my friend!!!

You solved my problem with the zoom, but should I go ahead and install the landscape patch?
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanhalla1 View Post
    Gee, thanks, my friend!!!

You solved my problem with the zoom, but should I go ahead and install the landscape patch?
    Go for it. It's working perfectly for me. If it doesn't work, you can always just remove it. You've got nothing to lose, and a whole new orientation to gain
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi, I cant seem to find any sort of PDF viewer on my Pre. Could I have deleted it by mistake and if so, how can I get it back
    Its possible you deleted it, I deleted it from my old Pre (before I got a replacement for other reasons) and was only able to get it back temporarily.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2197591

That post has a link to redownload the pdf viewer app and just follow the instructions to get it back.

open webosqi and drag the extracted file into it.

good luck.