Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Newman, Richardschris, thanks for your advice. I'm sold, and so excited to go get my phone tomorrow.
    Owner Status: Decided and pants-shtingly excited to get my hands on my new phone
    your very welcome! Enjoy your new phone, and if you need help with making your phone awesome, just check out the forums, we are here to help!
    let us know how you like it. I'm sure you'll be thrilled.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    your very welcome! Enjoy your new phone, and if you need help with making your phone awesome, just check out the forums, we are here to help!
    Yeah, it seems like there is really a ton of sweet customization available. I've already bookmarked this site.
    Owner Status: Decided and pants-shtingly excited to get my hands on my new phone
    Don't buy it if you live in canada. I'm jumping ship and going Iphone. We get treated like step children up here by Bell when it comes to the palm pre. No paid apps, updates always late and all of the cool apps and games aren't available here onlly in the U.S. and elsewhere, even when you use Preware or quick install and all those developer mode apps.. Pre just sucks for Bell users.
    One more question, Where are you going to buy it at? I would suggest radioshack, so you dont have to deal with a mail in rebate and its probably cheaper then the actual sprint stores
    I think you should get the pre at bestbuy and just add their insurance for 10 bucks a month. Its a little more then the sprint insurance but you can get it replaced for almost anything. their was a time i had a small scratch on the screen i just broke the phone on purpose and just went and got a new one. it just dosent cover lost or stolen thou.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    One more question, Where are you going to buy it at? I would suggest radioshack, so you dont have to deal with a mail in rebate and its probably cheaper then the actual sprint stores
    I was actually planning on signing a 2 yr contract... so it'll probably be cheaper at the sprint store. Am I wrong? I was definitely planning on getting the insurance on it too. Thoughts on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by YoureATowel View Post
    Gosh I love the sound of the Pre and I want to buy one, but I'm a bit hesitant. It seems like a really awesome phone/music player/browser. I don't really care much about the battery life issues. What scares me is all of these stories about the phone breaking.

I don't want to have to replace my phone every couple months. I also don't want to have to treat my phone like it's a fragile and precious egg. Help me guys. Is this just a small minority of Pres breaking and people being really vocal about it? Or is there really something fundamentally wrong with the phone's construction? What is your experience?
    Should you buy?
    Do you mind multiple returns?

Let me put it to you this way......

Nope.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It's a great phone.
    You should wait for a second WebOS device on Sprint.
    I say go for the pre, it is a hit or miss kind of situation, lets hope you get lucky!
    I'm scared by the posts on here about screen cracks and stuff, but it also worries me that the sprint rep complained that he's constantly fixing or replacing Pres.
    Straight out yeah you would think this phone cant handle the pain but mine just keeps saying bring it on.... I have the Invisashield thats probably saved it from more scratches than my ex had/has partners.... which would be alot by now.... anyways my phone has been dropped flung and kicked... Screen is still clear, no scratches (prob bc of the shield) but no cracks or breaks, the keyboard slides like new and both buttons and display interact the way they should. It can take the pain just give it a shot. oh and its done the slinky = wear it falls down the stairs and hits eveystep until it hits the bottom.
    I was actually planning on signing a 2 yr contract... so it'll probably be cheaper at the sprint store. Am I wrong? I was definitely planning on getting the insurance on it too. Thoughts on that?
    if you want to pay more and wait 3 months for your 100 dollar mail in rebate, then by all means go to a Sprint store.

Best Buy has is for 149 out the door, no rebate.

Radio Shack has it for 80 out the door, no rebate.

Amazon has it for 80 as well, no rebate, free shipping.

Same with Wal Mart it looks like.
    I love my Pre and its WebOS! I take care of my phone, but definitely don't baby it. My wife on the other hand, throws it at the bottom of her bag along with her work materials, keys, and who knows what else that makes it weight a ton. The only protection she has is the invisibleShield and I must say i'm impressed. No problems what so ever. The only protection i use is the sleeve that is included with purchase.

Go ahead and make the purchase. You won't regret it. WebOS is fluid, the screen is beautiful and bright, camera and video is outstanding, and the list goes on...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    We have 2 WebOS phones in our house plus a Moment. I would stay away from the Moment. It has known issues with random restarts (not exactly random--like whenever it is plugged in to charge or receives a text). Sprint and Samsung say they are working on it. My son's moment was fine till the latest upgrade and now he has these problems. I like Android (came to the Pre from a MyTouch 3g (had a Hero for 2 weeks before using my wife's Pixi made me jealous enough to switch to the Pre)). But I really think its almost criminal that Sprint is selling the Moment with the issues it's got.
    I dropped my Pre from the airstairs of a 767, about 25', and while the screen did break, it worked with the keyboard. My friend dropped his iphone from 3' and it completely broke. I used my cracked screen pre for 1.5 just using the keyboard. Can't do that with the other guys. My daughter has a pre based on my use and she loves it. Get it, you won't be disappointed. The way I understand it, sprint isn't pushing the pre like they used to, and Palm is disappointed. The pre is the best palm yet, where else can a schmuck like me develop something for a handy phone?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by eadrian75 View Post
    I love my Pre and its WebOS! I take care of my phone, but definitely don't baby it. My wife on the other hand, throws it at the bottom of her bag along with her work materials, keys, and who knows what else that makes it weight a ton. The only protection she has is the invisibleShield and I must say i'm impressed. No problems what so ever. The only protection i use is the sleeve that is included with purchase.

Go ahead and make the purchase. You won't regret it. WebOS is fluid, the screen is beautiful and bright, camera and video is outstanding, and the list goes on...
    I could have sworn it didn't take video...
    I am on my 3rd Pre right now. The 1st had an issue where the power button got stuck and then snapped off. Easily replaced in store with a new Pre. The 2nd had an issue where the plug-in charger door (pretty weak piece of equipment) broke off and when I dropped it the other week the side cracked exposing a lot of the internal parts. I took it in and they couldn't replace it in-store so I had to use the insurance. A new one was mailed to me within a day, but I did have a deductible to pay.

Needless to say, I am happy with the phone in general, but the durability of the phone is by far the weakest of all cell phones I have ever owned. I understand the whole "you drop it then it's your own fault", but with the cell phone market the way it is today, cell phones should be able to withstand some drops and bangs. My old Treo 755p took a beating and I never had to replace it.
    I could have sworn it didn't take video...
    The newest update added video recording.
    I think this forum makes you over-sensitive to certain issues. Anytime I've had one of the issues mentioned I've immediately returned it, even though I'm sure there's a way to fix all/most of them (with help from this forum). Most phones have problems, I just think people don't really notice them AND there aren't always dedicated communities like this to point them out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast