Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of an app that will turn off email syncing for a specified time frame? Similar to the scheduler that is available with Active Sync in Win Mo.... i.e. ...if I don't want to receive emails from say 10 pm to 6 am....
    Last edited by bwze; 03/12/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    bump
    Are you just trying to keep the SOUND from playing? I assume you don't care if it gives a notification without the tone.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    exactly....the sound is the real issue...
    One of the issues is, for reasons I dont know, Palm didnt create a way to make sound profiles as in every other smart phone ive used (WinMo/BB). If there was you can just change the profile or have a program to do it automatically. Maybe in a WebOS update? One day? Guy can dream right?
    turn system sound off at 10 and back on at 6 pretty easy really, all you have to do is move the little slider thingie... its located in the sounds app
    Quote Originally Posted by bwze View Post
    exactly....the sound is the real issue...
    Its not automatic, as you wish (and I agree), but have you tried going to:

Launcher > Sounds & Ringtones....and switching "System Sounds" to OFF?

The phone will still ring for calls, but other sounds will not (Text, email, etc)

Then turn it to ON in the AM
    go to search in this forum and type in mode switcher. It rocks does what you want and more.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Found Mode Switcher and it does look interesting, but how are you using it to control the sound for email vs. test messages vs. reminders vs. telephone calls. Obviously all of these are controlled by the ringer volume so if I turn it down, I won't recieve indication of incoming calls (phone resides in another room at night). I see that data settings can be altered to turn off during night hours, but this still leaves calendar reminders. Anyone care to share their thoughts?