Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I noticed a few days after I updated to 1.4 that my launcher page no longer slides between pages. I may be wrong but it used to slide smoothly when I swiped to the left and right in the launcher. Can anyone confirm this?

It sort of *jumps* to the next page when I slide a certain amount. I really wish it'd be smooth again.

I don't know if a patch caused this or not but here are my patches I have installed that relate to the app launcher:

4 X 4 Icons v3
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Gesture Tap for info and Delete
    Hide Musicplayer App
    Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only
    Wrap Pages
    install jstop and run a garbage collect and it should smooth it up a bit
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    install jstop and run a garbage collect and it should smooth it up a bit
    I already have JStop so I ran the garbage collect and nothing changed. It doesn't seem to be lag because I don't even see a glimpse of the launcher page sliding, it just jumps to the next page. I wonder what I did to my phone to do this....
    The 4x4 patch is known to make the launcher more "jumpy". It did that for me, too. Also, any of the "gesture tap" patches really took a toll on my Pre's performance for some reason.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    The 4x4 patch is known to make the launcher more "jumpy". It did that for me, too. Also, any of the "gesture tap" patches really took a toll on my Pre's performance for some reason.

Hope that helps.
    What do you mean by "more" jumpy. Mine's completely jumpy. It doesn't even slide quickly, it just jumps immediately when I move my finger a certain amount. I don't think I had this problem before the 1.4 update and I've always had the 4 X 4 patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler3_o View Post
    What do you mean by "more" jumpy. Mine's completely jumpy. It doesn't even slide quickly, it just jumps immediately when I move my finger a certain amount. I don't think I had this problem before the 1.4 update and I've always had the 4 X 4 patches.
    I mean "jumpy" as in laggy, or you notice not much animation at all. I would try removing those two above-mentioned patches and see what happens, then add them back one at a time, restarting Luna after each.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I found the problem. The Wrap Pages patch removes the smooth sliding of the launcher pages. It'd be nice if the developer could fix this problem but for now I can live without it since I only have 5 pages anyways.
    Ah, cool! I have never tried that patch.
    it is the 'wrap pages' patch that causes that. Remove that patch and it will start ouncing again.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I "overclocked" my cpu to 600 and it runs smoothly again
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I noticed mine jumping instantly to the next page after installing the iphone black thingy. I love it. Instant scrolling.
    had the same problem and it is definitely the Wrap Pages patch