1.    #1  
    Darn, my pre was in mint condition, still had factory plastic cover and my dumb behind had it in my pocket and walked into a pointed corner and i all heard was cruch...

i looked at it and looks like the outside plastic is mint but i guess in the inside you can see spider cracks...

i didn't get the pretection from sprint because i've had several sprint phones and never broke a phone...

should i try to take it back to sprint see what they say? or should i call them up and ask them to add me to protection plan, i heard they have enrollment this month?

sad sad day...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Putting insurance on your phone after the fact is probably not a good idea. Insurance fraud and all.

I wish I had comfort for you. I left mine on top of my car and drove off never to see it again.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    if the body isnt aesthetically damaged sprint will swap it out for sure just depends whether you find any problem with lying bout how it happened
    Now through the end of march you can add TEP (Total Equipment Protection) no problem... and its not insurance fraud... just goto your local repair center
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Now through the end of march you can add TEP (Total Equipment Protection) no problem... and its not insurance fraud... just goto your local repair center
    thanks i'm trying this as we speak, it sucks because if you look at it now it looks like it just came out the box, as soon as you open the slider you see the cracks internally.

i just called and and added the total protection plan. Person told me to wait 15 days from today and i should be good to go.

I will try to take a picture of the phone, cracks almost look like they are coming from the center button at the bottom. I'm going to say i was trying to hit center button but it wasn' functioning. i tried to press it harder and it cracked the screen lol

does that sound good?

i never condone lying ! and you dont need to lie . they offered the insurance addition with no questions asked so why lie about it . they have to replace it no matter what after the 15 day period !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I think if you add the insurance you would have to wait 30 days to be able to use it.
    wow they made me wait 30 when I signed up,,not that it matters,,never really needed it yet.
  9.    #9  
    yeah, person on the phone said 15 days before i can open a claim... it's going to suck to wait 15 days, i have to go to NY in maybe 2 weeks, that means i'm stuck w/ my work blackberry oh god no!

They will ask for the date the damage occurred. You will have to lie to get coverage. My advice: don't lie, don't get the insurance, save the $100 insurance deductible and just see if Sprint will repair the screen for a fee. If not, get a Pre off of Ebay for $200 or a bit more.

I broke my Treo the same way several years ago - so I feel your pain.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    How good do you know your rep? I deal with one rep for our company phones (around 30). He has saved my arss a couple times by adding insurance after the fact. I normally get all our phones with protection plus but at times.. I'll send an employee to pick out his own phone and insurance will be overlooked. I had an Instinct before the Pre and I bricked it. I took it to my rep and we realized that somehow.. I didn't have insurance on it. He added insurance, slammed the phone into the corner of his desk, put it in his top drawer and told me he would turn it in, in a week or so. He moved my number to a temp phone and a couple weeks later... new Instinct.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Buddy, don't listen to these people. Lie your *** off. But, you STILL will have to spend big money to get a *refurbished* replacement phone. Prolly if you go on ebay if your patient you can pick one up for $150-$175.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Like they lied when they implied they built these phones well. Its like they put this AMAZING engine............in a Yugo. That may be an insult to the Yugo.