Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone anticipating any major announcements during Palm's demo of the PDK at the GDC tomorrow?

What would we like to hear them announce?
    flash game support and opening the pdk to all devs
  3.    #3  
    I want them to announce flash beta available for download in the app catalogue following this demo of the PDK
    that probably wouldnt make it into the gdc since the beta isnt really game oriented
  5.    #5  
    Would be nice if they had a couple of hot games to release.

folks on here seem to want N.O.V.A. That would be sweet..
    they better announce hardware out of freaking no where. otherwise im gonna jump off the brooklyn bridge.
    GTA plz
    I just talked with a Palm rep here at GDC. He told me you will be able to write flash apps and distribute them via the App Catalog and that new hardware with a bigger screen is due out this year.

I'll report back if I hear anything else.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    you didnt happen to ask him/her about the c40 did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    you didnt happen to ask him/her about the c40 did you?
    Nope. I'll head back to their booth and ask them. I doubt they'll know though. Some of them are pretty clueless about things. =p
    Developer of:

11.    #11  
    I hope c40 is a decoy and they announce a godlike device to silence the doubters...

like a week before the fanfare from the fruit squad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Nope. I'll head back to their booth and ask them. I doubt they'll know though. Some of them are pretty clueless about things. =p
    come and jump off a bridge with me.
    Well, the one guy I talked to seemed to feel my pain, which is why he said what he did. New carriers, new devices, and new development platforms. I really see 2010 as the year for Palm.
    Developer of:

NOVA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I just talked with a Palm rep here at GDC. He told me you will be able to write flash apps and distribute them via the App Catalog
    Yeah, I'm not surprised at that part. When the stories came out that you couldn't use the Flash plugin as it is within an application, the first thing that came to mind was that there's probably a version of AIR that works for standalone Flash applications. Still, good news.
    I also played the Flash beta. It was pretty nice. Hulu worked great!
    Developer of:

Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    NOVA!
    I hope that they won't show too much of stuff that Apple has already done. While it'll be nice to show how easily iPhone stuff can be ported, at the same time it gives the appearance of it being an also-ran. As in "oh look, the Pre can do stuff the iPhone was doing last year, nice". Don't get me wrong, I love how iPhone stuff can be ported. However, perception is everything for Palm right now, since their biggest problem right now is that of image.

They need to show the unique capabilities of the PDK for gaming more than they need to show the porting, in my opinion.
    Wonder if the C40 is perhaps a follow-on development of the former Folio that palm dropped a while back. Imagine, a Folio device with WebOS fully compatible with the Pre and Pixi. Well, if not the "C40", maybe sometime.

Just something to think about.
    I think C40 is gonna be Palms Version of the IPad.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    They will announce the future of the PDK, show off applications ported with it. They will also announce a hint towards new hardware coming to Sprint in June/July. At the end they will announce like they did with the games, that Flash Beta is now available to download to U.S. subscribers only via the app catalog. Other countries will get it later on in the week.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast