Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A flawed 1.4 is released and we haven't heard any official statement regarding any efforts to fix these issues....i feel a little jipped considering that the OS worked about 75x better on 1.3.5.1....if there was a way to put the new video recording app on 1.3.5.1 I would be saying "au revoir" to 1.4! Are you guys feeling something similar?
    1000%
    I would put it back if there was a way to stay at 1.3.5.1 without being forced to update. The missing calls and texts is the biggest thing for me and I don't care what anyone says the battery life sucks now. My phone gets charged 3 times a day.
    i am interested where got that 75x better from i disagree and there others who have noticed great improvement within 1.4
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    A flawed 1.4 is released and we haven't heard any official statement regarding any efforts to fix these issues....i feel a little jipped considering that the OS worked about 75x better on 1.3.5.1....if there was a way to put the new video recording app on 1.3.5.1 I would be saying "au revoir" to 1.4! Are you guys feeling something similar?
    Really?
    In my opinion 1.4 is better than 1.3.5.1: Didn't have the "Too Many Cards" even once till now, don't have to restart my phone nightly- memory leaks seem to be much better.
    Some apps seem to respond faster.
    The new splash screen at least makes the UI feel more responsive.
    Video recording is nice.
    Battery life on idle is much better- my phone actually lasts a whole day+ with moderate use.
    All in all, happier with 1.4.

What problems are you referring to? Saw some posts about browser problems, didn't encounter them yet.
    I really don't see why we need yet another "omg 1.4 sux!!" thread.

Granted, a % of Pre owners are having issues. However, an equal or larger % are NOT having those issues. Is it OK to post that you are having issues? Sure!

Is it OK to post that "OMG 1.4 SUX PALM SCREWED UP OMG" (or something along those lines)? i don't think so.

But that's just me.
    Webos 1.4 was good and bad for me.

It made some improvements, ex. NFS plays with mytether and seems to have better battery life for me but I cant open up Pandora and having to doctor it is annoying to say the least. How about they improve without compromising the old stuff? Listening Palm...eh?
    1.4 is the best update to date IMO. No problems here.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Guys, if you still have the problems you described and still have not doctored your phone nobody can help you - doctor it and the problems are gone, they are caused by a bad update.

Ofc, you could just keep on complaining...
    No new problems on my phone w 1.4
    So I love the "last software was so much better than the current release" folks. Frankly, I was having issues with 1.4 prior to webdoctoring. After, it worked just fine. It's the tweaking and preware that mess this stuff up. I knew that I should just remove that stuff prior to updating, but left it due to WebOS internals claims that it was unnecessary. I love their work, but that doesn't mean they're always correct.

Everyone forgets that homebrew is to be used AT YOUR OWN RISK. Yeah, it may mess things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Guys, if you still have the problems you described and still have not doctored your phone nobody can help you - doctor it and the problems are gone, they are caused by a bad update.

Ofc, you could just keep on complaining...
    I've doctored my phone a few times. It did nothing. I love when my wife tries to call and keeps calling but it just rings and rings for her. Then she gets home and says *** didn't you answer your phone. I get to say "I guess my phone doesn't work as a phone anymore, but I can make a video".
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    same..
    too many cards warning comes up a lot more often. battery is weaken and for the first time since i got the phone in june... freeze ups then a crash reset. duuude. i noticed this happens when i running music through slacker or net2streamradio pro. whatever, we can get a new phone with full discount come june...
    battery improvment for me,,no missed anything and I now can use full web pages much much easier then before.sure hope they don't screw with it,,works fine for me.
    I'm not having any problems whatsoever. My phone is quicker in response than before.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Since 1.4: Too Many Cards warning pops up too much! Never did before and Battery life when I use the phone drains faster than it did before!
    Battery life is good when it is idle.
    Improvements when using the internet, faster speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    A flawed 1.4 is released and we haven't heard any official statement regarding any efforts to fix these issues....i feel a little jipped considering that the OS worked about 75x better on 1.3.5.1
    You want to expand on "these issues"? I had one minor problem with 1.4 (no audio) which was fixed by doing a reboot (w/ battery pull).

Overall ... nice new features ... maybe a little snappier performance ... 1 minor problem (fixed). I don't have any "issues".
    Mission Accomplished! For me anyway...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  19.    #19  
    for the people that don't have issues...are you trying all the features? Do you realize that when you upload a video to youtube a notice pops up to "share the link" ......there is not ONE device out there that can do this....it gives a link that is "undefined" so for users that say there are no problems, you either do not use all of the phones features or you forget how 1.3.5.1 operated. Even the power button has an occasional delay in waking the device which never occurred before and is happening to others...not just me...theres more problems than this...im just posting two that def happen
    no problems uploading to you tube,,no problems with my button,,sorry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast