1.    #1  
    um... as the subject says, my pre dies sometimes when I open the slider quickly. image fades to black and phone restarts.

brand new phone-- hardware issue, i assume? just upgraded to 1.4. never dropped phone or anything.

am i the only one? i couldn't find another thread on this.

thanks
    That indicates your battery area has a gap that disconnects the battery leads from the device when pressure is applied. There are actually a lot of threads on it, but the solution is to take it back and get a better fitting battery. People also used to put small pieces of paper and foam in the cavity to get a tighter fit, but supposedly Palm changed the manufacturing so it was no longer needed.

Curious as to when you bought it, and whether it's a Sprint or Verizon Pre.
    yes, it's a hardware issue. It has to do with the battery being slightly to small. Most other threads on this issue have to do when the slider is closed. If you search for that, you should find it.
    that could be a different issue than the ones that came out when the pre first came out. When he opens the phone could indicate a loose cable stand or something like that.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    ahhh this makes sense. it's a sprint phone but i just installed a touchstone backing the other day. maybe i can rig the phone myself.
    thanks
    -j
    yeah that used to happen to me alot.
    I just had a folded up post-it behind between my battery and my cover, that seemed to do the trick....But i recently went to go get my power butten fixed and while I was at it I just had sprint put in some battery bumpers....I figured, why not...I was there anyway. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    yeah that used to happen to me alot.
    I just had a folded up post-it behind between my battery and my cover, that seemed to do the trick....But i recently went to go get my power butten fixed and while I was at it I just had sprint put in some battery bumpers....I figured, why not...I was there anyway. lol.
    cutie pie!

anyway, are you using the seido battery? known problem, usually the battery problem try using a different one.
    Yeah there are a few threads on this problem. Check this one:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2289713
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation