1.    #1  
    I have MyTether 2.1.0 and I installed to my 1.4-running Pre.....Well, it says it installed fine but I can't find the icon. I know that the previous versions of My Tether didn't show up on the launcher immediately but now this version isn't showing up at all. What do I do?

I've triedleaving the installer open even after it installs, I've tried redownloading the installer but still no luck.
    Last edited by ColbyM; 03/11/2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Tried rebooting, after waiting a while?

I don't use the standalone installers, so I can't say for sure what the issue is myself though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Tried rebooting, after waiting a while?

I don't use the standalone installers, so I can't say for sure what the issue is myself though.
    I've rebooted multiple times.

I don't use the standalone installers
    By this do you mean that you install My Tether a different way? If yes, which version are you using? On webOS 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I've rebooted multiple times.

By this do you mean that you install My Tether a different way? If yes, which version are you using? On webOS 1.4?
    Yes, I install a different way. In one of the donor forum posts, there's a root script somewhere that you can use in the terminal.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I install a different way. In one of the donor forum posts, there's a root script somewhere that you can use in the terminal.
    Could you, by any chance, get me this script?
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I have MyTether 2.1.0 and I installed to my 1.4-running Pre.....Well, it says it installed fine but I can't find the icon. I know that the previous versions of My Tether didn't show up on the launcher immediately but now this version isn't showing up at all. What do I do?

I've triedleaving the installer open even after it installs, I've tried redownloading the installer but still no luck.
    I actually had this same problem this morning. I had previously used a prior version, and deleted that in advance of the upgrade to 1.4. I tried installing again this morning, and had no luck. Eventually (after multiple restarts and luna restarts), I redownloaded the app, ran the new download as administrator (I'm on Windows 7), and that worked for me. Be sure you have the phone in dev mode too.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Use the update command. Open Webos Quick Install and under tools choose Lunux Commandline. Make sure you have your Pre plugged into the computer on "just charge" mode. Type the following into the Linux Commandline:

...Okay the forum won't let me post it because it says I have to have 10 posts to be allowed to post a link. Go to the mytether donors' forum and search for update command. it should be easy to find.

Save this command so that you can use it every time a new version of webos comes out.