Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    Just noticed Glumobile's tweet regarding their newest game, "How To Train Your Dragon." I believe this is the first a game (or app, in fact) has been released on the iPhone and webOS at the same time, and Glumobile included the Pre in their tweet announcing the game for the iPhone.

    So, that answers the question of whether developers will ever do simultaneous releases of apps on the iPhone and webOS.
    Last edited by wynand32; 03/11/2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  2. #2  
    Well, I think there was probably extra pressure on them to get this one out at the same time on both platforms, with it being a movie tie-in and all. But yeah, hopefully in the future, we'll start seeing all games at the same time as they show up for the iPhone.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, I think there was probably extra pressure on them to get this one out at the same time on both platforms, with it being a movie tie-in and all. But yeah, hopefully in the future, we'll start seeing all games at the same time as they show up for the iPhone.
    But why Palm? Why not the Blackberry, which has a lot more devices out there than the Pre/Pixi? If it requires a touch-screen interface, why not Android instead of the Pre (which also theoretically has more target devices).

    I think this type of release/support bodes well for Palm.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    But why Palm? Why not the Blackberry, which has a lot more devices out there than the Pre/Pixi? If it requires a touch-screen interface, why not Android instead of the Pre (which also theoretically has more target devices).
    Um, because Palm had a PDK provided to Glu Games and a select few other developers that makes porting iPhone apps easy, and this is definitely an iPhone app as that is the developer's primary platform?

    Not that this isn't a good thing, but I don't think Palm wants to ultimately be the Sears Video Arcade to iPhone's Atari 2600.
  5. #5  
    Sorry, I should clarify my comment. I mean that IF Glu decided that they were going to release it on Palm, which clearly they did, that in this specific case, there was added pressure to get it out at the same time as the iPhone, based on the movie tie-in.
  6. #6  
    mikah what would we do without your insightful palm negative comments? seriously dude you have shown your true colors. you want to see palm fail. this is not the forum for you. run to your andriod/blackberry forum and bash palm there. im sure you will have a cheering crowd that can swell your ego even more.
  7. #7  
    Hey, a personal attack on me when I specifically said "not that this isn't a good thing...."

    You read good.
  8. ndraiden's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #8  
    either way this game sucks.. its the same as glyder.. just diff textures
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    mikah what would we do without your insightful palm negative comments? seriously dude you have shown your true colors. you want to see palm fail. this is not the forum for you. run to your andriod/blackberry forum and bash palm there. im sure you will have a cheering crowd that can swell your ego even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Hey, a personal attack on me when I specifically said "not that this isn't a good thing...."

    You read good.
    Yeah, don't personally attack him. Well, at least not until he personally attacks you. That's da rule dood!

    (But, if you're going to "nitpick" with him, don't forget to mention "good" is an adjective, "well" is an adverb. "You" is the only noun (actually, pronoun) in "You read good", and "good" doesn't modify "you", it modifies "read", and thus should be ... well it should be "well".

    Just sayin ... well...
  10. #10  
    I can read quite well. Thank you.

    You clearly meant to relegate even this showing of developer interest as insignificant.

    My "attack" on you is not merely on this one post but the trend of your posts in other threads. Even this post, which you claim is positive, has an underlying tone of negativity. I give you: "this is definitely an iPhone app as that is the developer's primary platform" and "but I don't think Palm wants to ultimately be the Sears Video Arcade to iPhone's Atari 2600" as evidence of the overall negative tone of your post.
  11. #11  
    @hparsons I actually noticed that myself as well. I was reading the thread discussion between you and him on another thread. Then he comes on this thread which is clearly a good news thread and spews his doom and gloom. I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...
    Not that this isn't a good thing, but I don't think Palm wants to ultimately be the Sears Video Arcade to iPhone's Atari 2600.
    I disagree with the analogy completely, but wasn't Palm's actions specifically because they wanted iPhone apps ported over to the Pre?

    Obviously, that's not all they want to be, but I'd say it's part of what they want to be.

    And, at least in this case, it looks like Palm's actions are achieving exactly what they wanted - fast development/adaptation of programs for the Pre.

    I can't help but notice that, even though it was a port of a previously released game, NFS (which was widely claimed couldn't be done on the Pre) has sold over 350,000 copies since it's been out.

    Not iPhone sales numbers obviously, but not bad.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I can read quite well. Thank you.

    You clearly meant to relegate even this showing of developer interest as insignificant.

    My "attack" on you is not merely on this one post but the trend of your posts in other threads. Even this post, which you claim is positive, has an underlying tone of negativity. I give you: "this is definitely an iPhone app as that is the developer's primary platform" and "but I don't think Palm wants to ultimately be the Sears Video Arcade to iPhone's Atari 2600" as evidence of the overall negative tone of your post.
    Well played sir!!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I can read quite well. Thank you.

    You clearly meant to relegate even this showing of developer interest as insignificant.
    Not at all, but projection is a hobby with both you and Herbie, it seems.

    My "attack" on you is not merely on this one post but the trend of your posts in other threads. Even this post, which you claim is positive, has an underlying tone of negativity. I give you: "this is definitely an iPhone app as that is the developer's primary platform" and "but I don't think Palm wants to ultimately be the Sears Video Arcade to iPhone's Atari 2600" as evidence of the overall negative tone of your post.
    Gosh...if only there were a private messag-ing avenue where you could direct your displeasure with my general presence on the board to me without disrupting a thread with your silly personal attacks.

    If only...of course, Herbie comes running because that's what he does. Meanwhile, you guys disrupt and go negative in the same breath you accuse me of doing it. But it's okay because you're acting pre-emptively. The Bush doctrine lives.
  15. #15  
    *Bicker Bicker* *Rant rant*


    Either way folks, a simultaneous release for iphone and webOS is a very good thing. I understand the marketing needed to be done to tie in with the movie but the fact that they're releasing the same day and not a week or two apart is a positive. I fully expect this to become the trend with Glu and perhaps soon enough with Gameloft and other developers, it just makes more sense. If it can be released at the same time what's the benefit in not?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Not at all, but projection is a hobby with both you and Herbie, it seems.
    Hmmm, why the personal attack? BTW, speaking of "projection", I invite everyone on here to notice the constant "Herbie" references by you.

    There are many that may not know the history of this (and there might even be a few that care to know) so I'll share it.

    With another user, I once made a comment to the effect of name-calling really didn't bother me. When you have a name like Herbert for years, you get used ignoring the name calling around 3rd grade when kids make fun of "Herbie". Mikah912 seems to have picked up on that, and seems determined to outdo those long ago (very long ago) 3rd graders.

    Failing miserably, I might add.


    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Gosh...if only there were a private messag-ing avenue where you could direct your displeasure with my general presence on the board to me without disrupting a thread with your silly personal attacks.

    If only...of course, Herbie comes running because that's what he does. Meanwhile, you guys disrupt and go negative in the same breath you accuse me of doing it. But it's okay because you're acting pre-emptively. The Bush doctrine lives.
    Huh?? What did I say that was negative about you? But, since you're on the topic of personal comments, your original one to him (complaining about the personal attack) could very well have gone personal as well.

    Problem with that is, you don't want them personal. You want to display your displeasure for everyone to see. I'm sure that's much of the reason you keep returning to the forum to spread your poor opinion of the Pre, you just have this strange need to have everyone agree with your decision.

    It was probably a very good decision for you. That doesn't mean it's for everyone.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    *Bicker Bicker* *Rant rant*


    Either way folks, a simultaneous release for iphone and webOS is a very good thing. I understand the marketing needed to be done to tie in with the movie but the fact that they're releasing the same day and not a week or two apart is a positive. I fully expect this to become the trend with Glu and perhaps soon enough with Gameloft and other developers, it just makes more sense. If it can be released at the same time what's the benefit in not?
    Exactly!!! And that was my point. There's a reason they're not doing this with Blackberry. The fact that they can do it is very much a feather in Palm's cap. Very much an example of how they are doing something right.

    Someone's dissatisfaction with the device or the company cannot take away from the fact that this is a good thing.
  18. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #18  
    ******* this is stupid
  19. #19  
    Herb/ert/ie, brevity....soul...wit, yeah?

    Also, why do you get into discussions with me, then say to someone else oh-so-passive aggressively "Well, someone yadda yadda"? It's ok to use my name, bud.

    Anyway...for the record, I think this is good, but as an adjunct I hope to see Pre have 3d games besides unaltered ports. Would think anyone here would, but apparently only the negative people do. Go figure.
  20. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #20  
    @hparson, I'm glad you explained the Herbie thing. It sheds some light on the type of people we have running around here and even more light on the weight we should give their opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions