Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    Ok so whats the big deal here? Someone says a TRUE negative comment about palm on this website and people go ape-****. Just because its negative does not mean they hate palm. If your using this website you must be a fan of palm products. The truth is palm is a rock compared to the boulders (android, apple, blackberry, ect...). Palm has alot to show and is really growing so when someone talks about the boulders why hate?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Herb/ert/ie, brevity....soul...wit, yeah?
    Pulease. "Wit", "soul", even "brevity". Those are your excuses? You know what you were doing. At least those third graders grew up and out of it, instead of making excuses... Oh well

    Funny side note, we seem to have a propensity for producing female members in my family. I have four daughters, and (so far) four grandchildren (a fifth is in the oven), three of which are female. With everyone of the grand-daughters, the relenting refrain (OK, it was "relenting" only from a single source) has been to name the grand-daughter in honer of me - that Herberta Wynette would make a lovely girl-child's name.

    So far, they've all refused. Go figger.

    As soon as we find out that Saundra is carrying a girl (the last of my daughters to have a child), I'm going to start the refrain again. Maybe it'll stick.

    Side note to the side note - do you really think your pathetic jibe against my name is going to bother me. Such jibes have become a family joke, and you sir, are part of the joke without even realizing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Also, why do you get into discussions with me, then say to someone else oh-so-passive aggressively "Well, someone yadda yadda"? It's ok to use my name, bud.
    Because I think it's important that personal rants be identified as personal opinion, not some fact. And, in spite of your encouragement that it's "OK to use your name", you seem to take just about any disagreement as a "personal attack". I figured not naming you might keep your emotional involvement a little cooler. Apparently, that's not working.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Anyway...for the record, I think this is good, but as an adjunct I hope to see Pre have 3d games besides unaltered ports.
    Why? Why are unaltered ports important? Apparently, the ports are performing as well as, and in most case even better than "many folks" (and I'm not going to name names, becuase there were "many") felt that the Pre could do natively. If an unaltered port works on the Pre, and can sell hundreds of thousands of copies, why is there a need to see the same app, especially a game app, rewritten from the ground up as WebOS port?

    As a matter of fact, that general concept was much what I saw Ruby talking about in the early days of the Pre (before the extras came). That developers could use existing skills and even in some cases, existing code, for rapid development and deployment.

    I'm thrilled that they've added capabilities to that basic concept. I don't see a need to reinvent the wheel, at least not in cases like these games.
  3. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCapi View Post
    Ok so whats the big deal here? Someone says a TRUE negative comment about palm on this website and people go ape-****. Just because its negative does not mean they hate palm. If your using this website you must be a fan of palm products. The truth is palm is a rock compared to the boulders (android, apple, blackberry, ect...). Palm has alot to show and is really growing so when someone talks about the boulders why hate?
    Who's going ape? There are a few issues that you probably aren't privy to. I for one have both a pre and Nexus. And having driven nearly an hour to return my first Pre, I know all too well about its draw backs. However you should just watch a few of the posters here and follow some of the habits then tell me if you don't see something wrong. I can deal with the complaints, but when the complainers post from an air of arrogance, what do you expect to happen. Hell, a number of the negative post you find here are by posters who don't even own Pres. However if you intend on posting in this forum understand this is typically how we get down here. I don't like it, but if you need help with your phone, this is as good as it gets.
  4. #24  
    "this is definitely an iPhone app as that is the developer's primary platform?"

    Given that well over 90% of mobile app sales are for the iPhone platform and probably more so for the 3D gaming segment, that's pretty much a given. So what's the problem with stating the obvious? If it's easy for developers to port these same games to webOS, I think that's awesome. Since Palm allows developers a 'non-reviewed' method of publishing games, wouldn't it be great if the developers decided to release games on webOS first while the iPhone version is being reviewed?
  5. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #25  
    It is awesome. However, sometimes I wish they would do a little more outside the game front. I would really like to see Docs2Go or maybe better linkage between the Pre Calendar and Notes, etc etc. But progress in any area is good, especially in light of some the Press Palm has been receiving lately.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Who's going ape? There are a few issues that you probably aren't privy to. I for one have both a pre and Nexus. And having driven nearly an hour to return my first Pre, I know all too well about its draw backs. However you should just watch a few of the posters here and follow some of the habits then tell me if you don't see something wrong. I can deal with the complaints, but when the complainers post from an air of arrogance, what do you expect to happen. Hell, a number of the negative post you find here are by posters who don't even own Pres. However if you intend on posting in this forum understand this is typically how we get down here. I don't like it, but if you need help with your phone, this is as good as it gets.
    i wasn't completely referring to this thread on the ape-**** comment. i meant this whole website.
  7. #27  
    Sorry for being offtopic lol: Anybody buy the game? What's it like?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCapi View Post
    If your using this website you must be a fan of palm products.
    Typo aside (it's "you're using," not "your using"), this statement flies in the face of everything that's known about Internet forums. Posting here most definitely does not mean that one is a fan of Palm.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Typo aside (it's "you're using," not "your using"), this statement flies in the face of everything that's known about Internet forums. Posting here most definitely does not mean that one is a fan of Palm.
    i don't need grammar tips from you and are you saying your not a fan of palm
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Sorry for being offtopic lol: Anybody buy the game? What's it like?
    Glyder 2 with dragons.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Glyder 2 with dragons.
    Does it handle memory leaking? I get the TMC error in the middle of my glyder 2 gameplay
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions