1.    #1  
    Hey there, I searched around the forums a bit but couldn't find this question posted before.

I want to use only DoubleTwist with my Pre Plus and uninstall iTunes completely. I have bought some music on the Pre from Amazon MP3 and now want to at least see it in DoubleTwist, and maybe even sync it to my computer.

I can see the Pre in DoubleTwist and see my pictures and videos and sync music on my computer to my Pre, but can't see music on my Pre bought through AMP3 on the Pre.

With an iPod and iTunes, I could at least play music on my iPod with iTunes, so I was hoping for at least that feature.

Thanks

David B
  2.    #2  
    Oh also, my Pre Plus reboots everytime I unplug it from the computer after having it in USB mode. Kind of annoying. Is this normal?

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Oh also, my Pre Plus reboots everytime I unplug it from the computer after having it in USB mode. Kind of annoying. Is this normal?
    Scratch that, the Palm logo does appear for about 20 seconds, then Luna comes back. It wasn't a reboot because my background apps are still running.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Mp3 purchased from Amazon on your Pre are stored in a "AmazonMP3" folder in your Pre's USB. Double Twist does not search here when you sync, it only looks in your "Music" folder. You can either move the files to your "Music" folder using the Internalz App available in Preware or you can connect your phone to the computer put it into USB mode and drag the Mp3s to double twist. The second way is easier but Internalz is a sweet App so it's worth the download.

Good luck and let me know if I can help any further.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    BTW, the Luna restart is normal.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost 13 View Post
    Mp3 purchased from Amazon on your Pre are stored in a "AmazonMP3" folder in your Pre's USB.
    Great tip, thanks! Now I can see the music on the Pre with doubleTwist. So next question, are we able to sync pictures/videos/music from the Pre to doubleTwist? I've dug all over doubleTwist and can't find any settings.

Thanks

David B.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I could be wrong but I think it only syncs media from Double Twist to the Pre, not from the Pre to Twist. Similar to how the Ipod works. You can open the Pre in Double Twist View and drag to your folders in DT though.

I too am using DT as a replacement to Itunes. Still in the process of concerting all my music 120GB. It's been a long time coming and still takes a little getting used too but its very similar. hopefully they will continue to add options.

Are you new to Webos? If so what do you think so far?
  8.    #8  
    Hey Ghost, yea I figured as much with the Sync. At least now with the Pre, the songs are very available right there in the file system, more like my songs. With the iPod I had to use special software to get my music off, so this is much better. I'd really like to automatically sync pictures and videos at least. Being that it's content that I created, there shouldn't be a problem with me syncing it off of my device, just like getting pictures off of my digital camera.

Yes, new to WebOS. My contract with AT&T expires at the end of this month and I knew I was going back to Verizon for either a Palm Pre or Android phone. I like the Pre, keyboard is a bit lacking, but I like the OS, pretty intuitive. My wife is even getting it on her Pixi, coming from a dumb phone, so that's a good sign.

I'm a Java and web developer, so I can't wait to start working on some apps. I think my first one may be an app that automatically moves my AMP3 music to the main Music folder...lol. I'm really excited about the location apps and would love to work on a turn by turn app for an alternative to VZ Navigator. That's a tall order, but definitely doable.

Thanks for your help today.

David
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    David, No problem and Welcome! I think you're going to love WebOS. My Fiancee and I both bought Pre's on launch day with sprint Last June. It still has some pretty annoying hiccups but what do you expect with a First Gen (Beta) phone. I will say it has come a long way from last June. From a techie standpoint this thing is great. I haven't been able to go a day without modding in some way in the last 9 months. You'll get used to the keyboard really quick, promise.

The Precentral community is top notch too. Of course just like all forums you'll find a bit of immaturity and quite a bit of whiners but for the most part the community is really helpful.

If you haven't done so already I would put Preware on the phone. It's a great way to patch and customize the phone and should give you some ideas around developing for the phone through Homebrew.

Again - Welcome and Enjoy!

Rob
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    You are supposed to "eject" the pre before disconnecting it from your computer.. thats why you get the luna restart... to avoid that, open windows explorer, right click on pre and press eject
    Last edited by Jumpman6235; 03/16/2010 at 01:10 AM.