Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I did the partial erase, everything was fine, all email accounts back. I reboot the phone two days later and go into my email. GONE!

Did the partial erase again yesterday, everything is fine. Check my email this morning and everything is there, only to click on my email 10 minutes ago and everything is GONE, again.

Help?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    there's been a few posts without any real answer on how to stop it from coming up. I did a doctor first, and it cleared it up for a couple days. It came back yesterday, and today....i used the command lines below in WOSQI and it brought my email back, but i'm not sure what is causing them to dissappear

rm -rf /var/luna/data/emails
    rm -rf /var/luna/data/attachments
    reboot

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...99-e-mail.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...unts-gone.html
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    What is WOSQI and how can I get this?

This is a major FAIL by the way. My 1.4 was working fine for 2 weeks, then this happened. I don't know what could've triggered it either. hmmmm
    WebOS Quick Install, You can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    What is WOSQI and how can I get this?

This is a major FAIL by the way. My 1.4 was working fine for 2 weeks, then this happened. I don't know what could've triggered it either. hmmmm
    Fail for who? You?

I would doctor the Pre and stay away from any homebrew until you can see this problem with a completely stock Pre.

I have 2 Google Apps e-mails, 1 Exchange and 1 POP without any disappearing. What kind of e-mail accounts are you running?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Fail for who? You?

I would doctor the Pre and stay away from any homebrew until you can see this problem with a completely stock Pre.

I have 2 Google Apps e-mails, 1 Exchange and 1 POP without any disappearing. What kind of e-mail accounts are you running?
    Hotmail, Gmail, POP account and an Exchange account.

Remember, this worked fine for two weeks after I downloaded 1.4.

I wonder if a patch I added hosed the email. hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    Hotmail, Gmail, POP account and an Exchange account.

Remember, this worked fine for two weeks after I downloaded 1.4.

I wonder if a patch I added hosed the email. hmmmmm
    I believe you should listen to NickDG on this and doctor back to stock. Get everything working properly for awhile before putting tweeks and patches back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have had this problem since the 1.4 update. I have tried a number of patch and homebrew combinations, losing emails every time. I keep doctoring to restore emails, amd now I will keep it patch free for awhile. Wilderf claims he fixed the problem by doing a full reset, and now has emails and patches working fine. I may try it.
    doctor to ver 1.2.1

then doctor or over the air upgrade to 1.4

will put you to bone stock, and patches work fine
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    doctor to ver 1.2.1

then doctor or over the air upgrade to 1.4

will put you to bone stock, and patches work fine
    Will I lose all my data? (music, videos, pictures?)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    It's happening to mine and mine is all stock no patches.
    Ditto with my wife's Pre (stock, no mods at all).
    Mine Pre is with homebrew, problem does not occur.
    Have you guys spoken to Palm Tech support.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Fail for who? You?

i doctored back to stock and remain on stock right now, but email all accounts vanished one day after the doctoring. so, add that to the symptom profile while we continue with our differential diagnosis.
    ---
    ---

launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

twitter / posterous
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    same with me, all was gone, have a stock pre in 1.4.
    Spoke to Palm, took an hour to try all kinds of things. a partial erase and re-enter did it.
    Also, they did a reset on wifi, however that worked for the first 10 minutes and back to not properly working..... 1.4 is not what it is cracked up to be.
    This same thing happened to me today. My Palm Pre Plus (Verizon) was functioning fine as far as e-mail went for two and a half weeks; suddenly, this afternoon I stopped getting e-mail notifications (when I knew in fact there should've been a notification); opened up the e-mail app and found that all four of my accounts (2 POP, 2 Google) were gone! All I saw was a dismaying white screen.:smileysad:

Well, friends, I've decided I had enough. I may have only been living with this problem for a few hours now, but I see that most of you have been living with it for a number of weeks. Why has Palm not fixed this? Why has this not been a priority to them? Because, as far as I know, a smartphone without e-mail capability is not a smartphone. And I'm unwilling to try some of the "fixes" I've been reading about on this and other forums because a) they don't seem to work very long, and b) they sound downright scary! I mean, "partial data erase?" I'm not going anywhere near that!

This is what I'm going to do: I'm going to call Palm Tech Support right now; when the tech suggests I try any of these non-fixes I'm going to refuse. Instead, I'm going to demand to know when this is going to be fixed. I rely on my portable device alerting me to emails because I've got potential customers (which means potential money!) contacting me through that medium, as I'm sure many of you do as well. So this is unacceptable. (While I'm at it, should I even bother asking when they are going to fix the wonky keyboard and the calendar syncing issues?)

But I'm going one step further. In the past two weeks since owning a Plus I've visited many Palm-centric forums and I've come away with the impression that Palm no longer cares about us. Many people have been clamoring for various bug fixes for months and yet my virtually brand-new Plus still has those bugs! And now we have to live with this e-mail problem? No, something has to be done. It is time for us to stop playing nice by confining ourselves to these forums. It is, in short, time to go global.

I've created a Facebook Group called "Angry Palm Users"; find it, join it, share in it; tell others about it. I've also created a Twitter feed called "@palmduznotcare"; follow me on it because I plan on tweeting a lot about this device. Moreover, I urge you to take similar steps on your own. The smartphone market is too competitive for us to have to deal with a company that is no longer responsive to our complaints, our issues with their software and our suggestions for updates. I have time left to return my Plus, and I will if Palm doesn't fix it...soon!

I have LOVED Palm devices for 7 years! It has taken Palm less than three weeks to throw that love away with a device I was so excited about getting and which has some truly great features!

This is your notice Palm. The gloves are off.