1.    #1  
    Saw this on Palm's facebook page - I hope I can post links.

At the annual Game Developers Conference this week, Palm and Epic Games are demonstrating Unreal Engine 3 on Palm webOS. Unreal Engine 3 powers Epic's popular Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War along with many other titles from leading game developers. Licensees of Unreal Engine 3 will soon be able to build games for Palm webOS.

The Official Palm Blog: Palm webOS games get Unreal
    I just wet my knickers.
    Well, when Epic Games announced that they'll be making the Unreal Engine available on a mobile platform some assumed that it would be webOS. Anyway, this is good news b/c it provides more tools for developers.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    ohhhhh, wow.
    I hope they post some pictures and videos soon. Great tool for game developers.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Holy ******!
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, when Epic Games announced that they'll be making the Unreal Engine available on a mobile platform some assumed that it would be webOS. Anyway, this is good news b/c it provides more tools for developers.
    Yes, this is very good news. Palm is setting themselves up for direct competition with iphone and Windows Phone 7 which isn't a bad thing. I'm feeling more and more confident about Palm daily, despite what the pundits say. They didn't take off as well as they would've liked but they are still pawing there way forward. That's chutzpah right there.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    very nice. I hope for some 3GS ports instead of the 3G/2G iPhone ports we've seen.
    Deliverace or GTA anyone?
    gaming is getting really exciting on webOS. Now, if only the games will start taking advantage of the pre's specific abilities (the keyboard, gesture area) for controls...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    WOOT! I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot3981 View Post
    gaming is getting really exciting on webOS. Now, if only the games will start taking advantage of the pre's specific abilities (the keyboard, gesture area) for controls...
    That is what the PDK will allow. When EA, Glu Mobil and Gameloft used the first version of the PDK those companies didn't even have access to the keyboard, gesture area and other things. Now the new version of the PDK allows for that access. Exciting in deed.

But its about more than games. Its exciting b/c apps can be easily ported from the Iphone or developers can create apps from scratch using the PDK.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    That's pretty Epic. Wonder how much their high end games are going to cost though.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    That's pretty Epic. Wonder how much their high end games are going to cost though.
    I'd guess around $6.99-$9.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I'd guess around $6.99-$9.99.
    Which would be worth every penny.