View Poll Results: How many launcher Pages do you have?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll

19 27.54%

12 17.39%

17 24.64%

4 5.80%

17 24.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many pages do you have on your launcher? i have 5.

I'm thinking i need more, but I'm not sure. Figured I'd poll the crowd to see what the consensus is. I'm not sure if i prefer to scroll up and down or swipe to a different page..
    poll without the poll.... anyway I have 5 but need to get one more in the mix to make room for all these new apps i get everyday haha
    SCK Manager
    4. Each page is based on frequence of use with the 4th being things I pretty much never use but still wanna have on there. Also, the reset to first page patch
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I am looking at 6. Working well with the page label patch.
    I have 3 (Stock)
    It is much faster to just type the first letter or two of the apps name than to be scrolling through launcher pages.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have 3 (Stock)
    It is much faster to just type the first letter or two of the apps name than to be scrolling through launcher pages.
    i think if i had a pixi i'd do that. I try my best to not have to flip out the keyboard if i don't have to.
    Where's the poll? I have 5 which worked well for a while. But I've been considering another to straighten things up a bit. LOL, it was one of my first and favorite patches besides hide-quick-launch-bar.
    I have 6. I was thinking about adding a 7th, to match the number of days in the week, with nothing in it except the Napping App...as Sunday is a day of rest

I had the privilege of beta testing LauncherX for PalmOS for Bozidar Benc (RIP). I loved the tabbed interface (my Tapwave Zodiac running LauncherX has 11 tabs!) to select whatever page you wanted...I would like to see that in a patch! Of course, having the name patch allows me tap the name, then tap the one I want, so it's pretty fast...but having a one tap option with tabs...sweet.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 03/11/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    I've got 4 but I'm considering adding a 5th. I like to compartmentalize my apps, the more variety, the more pages I require.
    7 pages using these fine patches:
    1) Reset to middle
    2) 4x4 v3
    3) Named Pages in Launcher
    4) Jason's hide quick launch while launcher is open (needed so the bottom row isn't obscured)

Those 4 patches have changed the way I use my phone. I was a habitual Universal searcher, but this feels smoother and fast to me. I have the location of all my faves memorized, can almost launch them without looking.
    I have the following pages:

1) Rarely Used
    2) Productivity - Apps with a purpose
    3) Often - Apps I use weekly/daily
    4) Main (default page) - Apps I use daily
    5) Games - Obviously, games
    6) Fun - Apps that are mostly silly or for entertainment (YELP and the like)
    7) Utilities - Mostly settings apps and a few 3rd parties like internalz and jstop
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I have 3 (Stock)
    I'm with you. I used to loathe using any type of universal search, but the Pre has changed my mind. I find myself also just typing in "it" for example in to the Windows 7 start for iTunes now. (more like mediamonkey now, but you get the point)

Any time I need to text someone, I just type the first coulple letters and then click on their SMS icon. Definitely improves my user experience.
    Using 8 currently.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I currently have 8. I'm using the named pages patch to get between them. Here's mine:
    1 - Main (my most used apps)
    2 - GPS apps
    3 - News & Weather apps
    4 - Reference apps (calculators, translators, etc)
    5 - Web Pages (essentially bookmarks/favorites)
    6 - Multimedia (YouTube, Sprint TV, NFL, music, etc)
    7 - Games
    8 - System (Device Info, settings, etc.)

I'm actually thinking of adding #9 as Rarely Used to keep some of my other pages cleaner.
    5 pages using these fine patches:
    1) Reset to middle
    2) 4x4 v3
    3) Hide quick launcher

1) Media - Camera / Video
    2) Web Shortcuts - Apps with a purpose
    3) Main (default page) - Apps I use often
    4) Games
    5) Utilities - Mostly settings apps

1-Settings***All the pre-settings
    2-Utilities***Preware/app catalogue/flashlight/dev mode etc..
    3-Main***Most used apps
    4-Social***Sports***Faceboo/tweeter/sport web pages
    5-Media***Web news and other web sites
    6-Music***pandora/slacker radio/music app etc...
    7-Games***you get the point.
    8-Quick Contacts***most used contacts (hardly ever use it.)
    Added a poll. Last one should be 7+...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I've got 7, and that Named Pages patch is a Monster. I love it!
    I've got 8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast