1.    #1  
    I finally bit the bullet and downgraded my Itunes to 9.0.1 to allow it to sync with my Pre and its made my life much easier.

I was never able to sync my Pre because by the time I got it in October the sync with Itunes was broken.

I was worried the downgrade would be a tedious process so I was reluctant, but it turns out I just needed to drag my existing Itunes to the trash (I have a mac) and install the old version I found here:

iTunes 9.0.1 Download for Windows & Mac [Direct Download Link]

There was no hassle at all I still had all my playlists and everything it just took a while for Itunes to load my information.

Now I just set my Pre up to only sync certain playlists (I have a designated Pre Music playlist) and my life is much easier because I have all my music in Itunes.

I especially enjoy the ability to sync my Recently Added playlist because it takes alot of the leg work out of adding my new music.

If anyone is considering doing this I would definitely do it.
    I use iTunes to sync all the time. I didn't have to downgrade as I never upgraded. :>
    same here.
    I hate upgrading itunes because of the stupid video player that comes along with it.

I agree, synching with iTunes makes Pre Plus blow away BB in yet another way and stay competetive with iPhone as well.
    Same. Syncing works very well (when itunes recognizes my pre, which is 70% of the time -- *shrug*). No need to upgrade to 9.0.3.

Am a bit nervous about the manadatory upgrade when the ipad comes out, tho -- wonder if Palm will fix the itunes syncing issue.

(Yes, I'm getting an ipad. If it sucks, Mom will get an awesome and barely used bday gift to make up for the kindle I didn't get her for xmas, so hold the flames.)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Would you mind sharing the love with a little advice? Palm Pre on 1.4 is not recognized by iTunes on a Win 7 (32). iPod Classic is. I downloaded iTunes from the link in the first post and it comes up as version 9.0.1.8 in Help > About iTunes. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Same. Syncing works very well (when itunes recognizes my pre, which is 70% of the time -- *shrug*). No need to upgrade to 9.0.3.

Am a bit nervous about the manadatory upgrade when the ipad comes out, tho -- wonder if Palm will fix the itunes syncing issue.

(Yes, I'm getting an ipad. If it sucks, Mom will get an awesome and barely used bday gift to make up for the kindle I didn't get her for xmas, so hold the flames.)
    What if mom is reading this right now, Matty.....JK