1.    #1  
    Is there a 'fixed' path where applications are supposed to store their data ? Or it is up to the application/designer to decide where to store the data created by an application ? I looked in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/etc... but was not able to find any databses.

I would like to backup the databases of some applications to be able to restore them in case they are lost (e.g. after doctoring PRE).
    Have a look at /var/preferences. At least the preferences of some applications are stored there, not sure though if application data resides there too.

Probably data is at /var/palm/data?
    Does anyone know the easiest way to copy an entire directory for backup that is not on /media/internals? I can get a root prompt via WOSQI, but don't know the code to copy an entire directory.. can you help?

thanks!
    if you have a shell a "cp -r dir-name target-dir" should do it.

-r copies recursively
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    Have a look at /var/preferences. At least the preferences of some applications are stored there, not sure though if application data resides there too.

Probably data is at /var/palm/data?
    Just checked this out and only a few applications store their databases in there. There must be another place where most applications store their databases.