Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've just seen that the Palm Pre is FREE on all O2 tarrifs. Seems like a pretty good deal to me - only a few months ago I spend 100 on mine
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Hopefully this would increase sales.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    I've just seen that the Palm Pre is FREE on all O2 tarrifs. Seems like a pretty good deal to me - only a few months ago I spend 100 on mine
    I really want to get one and have checked my local O2 store and they have them.

I do have a couple of things holding me back though!

1. I have an iPhone 3G and I'm worried about missing some of the apps. Also, what the 4th gen iPhone will bring.

2. With the Pre going free, does that mean the Pre Plus is round the corner?

I really like the phone and WebOS I guess I'm just a bit hesitant of ditching the iPhone, which has served me well since the Edge version.

The Pre has a lot of advantages, don't get me wrong:

1. The OS
    2. It's different (World+Dog have an iPhone it seems now).
    3. The form factor
    4. The Touchstone - I love that!

It's a toughy!!

Thanks for listening!

- D
    I went from 3GS to pre. Never looked back. At the end of the day apps arnt all their cracked up to be. Half the time you dont use them nor need them.

Hence my move to pre, all i ask is messaging email and browser and im happy.
    The pre is also a better phone (referring to cell reception). I recently bought my wife an iphone 3GS and we've been in the countryside of Italy for the past month. Consistently using the same service provider I has better reception than her phone. We would literally lay the phones side by side in the house and where I had 2 bars she would have nothing. That said, the Sony Erickson and Motorola had at least double what I was getting so it's not that I'm bragging.

I had read in many reviews that the iphone was not a very good phone but to see it side by side all month was amazing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dean View Post
    I went from 3GS to pre. Never looked back. At the end of the day apps arnt all their cracked up to be. Half the time you dont use them nor need them.

Hence my move to pre, all i ask is messaging email and browser and im happy.
    i went form 3GS to Pre as well and i can't even consider of going back to iPhone, totally and completely addicted to WEBOS
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrighty View Post

1. I have an iPhone 3G and I'm worried about missing some of the apps. Also, what the 4th gen iPhone will bring.

I really like the phone and WebOS I guess I'm just a bit hesitant of ditching the iPhone, which has served me well since the Edge version.

1. The OS
    3. The form factor

It's a toughy!!

Thanks for listening!

- D
    I think sales have disappointed and they are clearing out the stock.
    ^^ yep its due to poor sales, and a high return rate!

you got an xperia 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrighty View Post

1. The OS
    3. The form factor

It's a toughy!!

Thanks for listening!

- D
    The Pre is far better than the iphone 3GS in most respect apart from the number of apps available. What I do is use my Pre for everyhting except for a couple of app i need my iphone for (sky sports) I have a prepay sim card with FREE data in my iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    Except when you actually try to buy it on the o2 website, the tariffs available are only the "smartphone tariffs" which start at 30 per month. So although they're claiming it is "FREE" on all pay monthly tariffs, it actually isn't!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    Except when you actually try to buy it on the o2 website, the tariffs available are only the "smartphone tariffs" which start at 30 per month. So although they're claiming it is "FREE" on all pay monthly tariffs, it actually isn't!
    That might be because it is a smartphone. Would you like to run a Palm Pre without unlimited data? Your bills would be massive.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    ^^ yep its due to poor sales, and a high return rate!

you got an xperia 10?
    I had an Sony X1 an I would never go near Sony X anything ever again! The worst build quality I ever seen.. Seriously so bad it makes everyone on this site seem like cry babies when they complain about small issues!
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumpin View Post
    I had an Sony X1 an I would never go near Sony X anything ever again! The worst build quality I ever seen.. Seriously so bad it makes everyone on this site seem like cry babies when they complain about small issues!
    i had the X1 and i liked it, the OS was crap but the build quality of mine was decent and thats the keyboard was easier to use than the Pre.

i'm really tempted by the X10 seeing as it seems far more advanced than the X1 was.
    I also liked the X1..however the pre knocks it's socks off on the usability front.....no more sending blank sms messages cos the phone's not caught up with you pressing the 'reply' button...however it's registered both presses....and actually sends it grrr.... Having said that I think it's more a prob with WinMo than the phone itself!
    Also paid 100 for mine a couple of months ago, got free touchstone kit which the new O2 offer does not include so didn't loose out as much really. Still a little narked though.

I really hope paid apps help to increase sales, I think O2 should push the Pre again in April.

Friend of mine posted on Facebook whether or not to get an iPhone or Blackberry...so many said iPhone and I was the only person who mentioned the Pre. Some serious advertising is needed one thinks.
    I bought the new pre yesterday on the o2 100 tariff. It is free on that tariff and the smartphone add on is entirely optional but unless you are in constant wifi coverage I don't see it as much of an option. I am seriously into gadgets and phones and knew what I was looking for but I had to almost fight with the guys in o2 to sell me one because they said it's a boomerang phone and always gets returned. Well this one won't because I totally love it but the only problem is we need to push it as otherwise palm will go bellyup which would be a crying shame
    It's things like this that annoy me - why when I've spent silly amounts on the phone does it then get released for free & a cheaper tariff?
    Surely we should be allowed to change? :/
    can i ask a stupid question, when i try to add someone on a messenger msn etc it tells me unsupported and i can't find any app to download.can anyone help or am i being stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by palmfanatic777 View Post
    can i ask a stupid question, when i try to add someone on a messenger msn etc it tells me unsupported and i can't find any app to download.can anyone help or am i being stupid

Where are you trying to do this?
    I was editing a contacts details and saw the Im part so tried to add their im address but I don't see where I could add my own msn details for example
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast