1.    #1  
    Hi. Win7 Professional (32-bit) just told me that I was missing a driver for my Sprint Modem. It suggested that I download and install "SSV_Windows2.25.0046"

Any ideas what would happen if I did? Would it break stuff? Would it add some feature like being able to "tether"? Or perhaps it would just be a true modem to use in a traditional dial-up internet service as a 56k connection?

Not that I have access to dial up internet (does anyone do that any more?) but that is all I can guess about.

Ideas?
    I have Win7 Ultimate x64 and the same prompt came up. So I installed the software and it appears to be an application pack from sprint, and it looks like it has nothing to do with tethering or modems (I was hoping it did). My guess is it makes no difference whether you install it or not.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by banoggy2008 View Post
    I have Win7 Ultimate x64 and the same prompt came up. So I installed the software and it appears to be an application pack from sprint, and it looks like it has nothing to do with tethering or modems (I was hoping it did). My guess is it makes no difference whether you install it or not.
    Well, based on the lack of answers to this question... we must be the only two that question it when we get a dialog telling us to install something... or the only two that ever got the message.

Did it create any icons on your desktop, start menu, or on your phone?