Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Prepals:

I love my Pre, but I gotta admit, the face just gets so greasy! I had no idea I was such a grease ball. I don't use a screen protector. How do you deal with this? Do the screen protectors help? Or is this just a design problem. The iPhone seems to do better with this. I looked at my brother's, and it seems to suffer much less from this problem. I have to wipe mine off multiple times a day.
    screen protectors definitely help and as for the iphone it has an oleophobic coating to reduce finger prints
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    How do you deal with this?

We wash our faces...

Just kidding of course. I'd say get a screen protector, they seem to help quite a bit.
    Screen protectors help, but don't fix the problem. I keep a micro-fiber cloth in my case stuffed at the bottom. Just clean it every once in a while.
    I found that the screen protector and the touchstone back do the trick, and just a little swipe every-so-often from a piece of cloth.
    You mean the incredible "self-cleaning" case Palm provided for you isn't enough to keep it clean? I'm kidding of course, my Pre + came with this case, which fully surrounds my Pre, great functionality. I just breathe on mine and wipe it off on my shirt. Works like a charm.
    Bath towel after my shower each morning.
    I use the case that came with it to give it a wipe a couple of times a day. Don't need to do it that often but i love the reflective shine when it's really clean.

Nick
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yep, touchstone back is worth it just b/c of fingerprints. I also have an InvisibleShield on mine and that seems to help with finger prints. I swear I'm not an InvisibleShield employee but they should pay me as much props as I give their product. I think I'd be frustrated with my Pre without this on it.

My girlfriend even put one on her blackberry after seeing mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggityd View Post
    Yep, touchstone back is worth it just b/c of fingerprints. I also have an InvisibleShield on mine and that seems to help with finger prints. I swear I'm not an InvisibleShield employee but they should pay me as much props as I give their product. I think I'd be frustrated with my Pre without this on it.

My girlfriend even put one on her blackberry after seeing mine.
    do you have any problems w/ touchscreen after puttin on the Invisiblesheild? I currently still have the screen protector that came w/ it lol it's lasted a good long time but i would like to replace it w/ a new one cause it's got minor scratches on it.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I also use an InvisibleShield and it has helped alot with the fingerprint issue. Also the touchstone back will help you out as well.
    You mean, all the glossy touchscreen phones on the market with a habit of collecting fingerprints like crazy didn't clue you in that the Pre might just possibly do the same thing?

Wear soft shirts. Rub on potbelly every once in awhile. Works for me.
    Prepals:

I love my Pre, but I gotta admit, the face just gets so greasy! I had no idea I was such a grease ball. I don't use a screen protector. How do you deal with this? Do the screen protectors help? Or is this just a design problem. The iPhone seems to do better with this. I looked at my brother's, and it seems to suffer much less from this problem. I have to wipe mine off multiple times a day.
    Don't use the phone and eat fried chicken at the same time.
    i use to use the invisible shield but the palm pre screen feels so good and smooth i just had to remove the shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Don't use the phone and eat fried chicken at the same time.
    Man.............you just wiped out my very reason for existing.
    You bought a TOUCHSCREEN device and are complaining about what appears to be evidence of the screen being......touched?
    Prepals:

Just keep a microfiber cloth handy. Give your pre a lick and wipe it off.

You can use car wax (NOT POLISH) to put a layer of protection on too.

I'm not a fan of screen protectors. Any time I've dropped any of my phones its been the corners that get dinged up, not the face.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    You bought a TOUCHSCREEN device and are complaining about what appears to be evidence of the screen being......touched?
    Yes, I am complaining about it. I have seen other touch screens that don't quite do what the Pre does. iPhone for example. I did not have much time in the store to notice how much this mars the surface. And it is not a deal breaker. But it is the only thing I don't like about my Pre. The Pre surface is mirror smooth, which is nice, but with its black color and smooth surface, it is just amazing how much oil and debri sticks to the surface. I am just asking what others do about it.
    Yes, I am complaining about it. I have seen other touch screens that don't quite do what the Pre does. iPhone for example. I did not have much time in the store to notice how much this mars the surface. And it is not a deal breaker. But it is the only thing I don't like about my Pre. The Pre surface is mirror smooth, which is nice, but with its black color and smooth surface, it is just amazing how much oil and debri sticks to the surface. I am just asking what others do about it.
    Same thing everybody in the world that wears smooth, shiny lensed glasses does. Wipe 'em off every once in awhile.
    All my touch devices have gotten as dirty or more dirty than my Pre+, iPod touch excluded. My LG Dare and Blackberry Storm both get more smudges on them than my Pre, if anything I am seeing improvements with how well touch devices stay clean.

Like fussnfeathers suggested, give it the ole bot belly shine. Quick breath on the screen and one fluid swipe across the belly, as clean as it will get without a cleaning solution.