Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I just donated to Mytether the other day and have used it a few times and I absolutely love it. Its definitely one of the top 5 coolest features on the phone IMO, but I have been reading up a little bit on tether and it seems like sprint can crack down and charge people who tether. Is this true? Has anyone gotten charged for tethering with their Pre? Thanks for your help!

Fej180
    they dont allow it persay but they wont come after you unless you overuse it
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Ok thanks. After putting it on my Pre my dad was wondering if it could go on his HTC Touch. I found out the HTC touch will due something similar using PDAnet. Does Sprint have the same "rules" for tethering with all devices? By rules I mean, if you don't overuse tethering they don't really care.
    pretty much
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    cool, thanks for your help and super fast response.
    just for future reference theres no need to post thanks thats what the buttons for
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ok thanks
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    the touch pro you shouldnt have to download usbnet. there is a way to use a builot in app from Windows mobile that will allow you to tether through USB. if you go over the ppcgeeks.com you can search around and find info on it. I got rid of my TP to switch to the pro. I used the built in tether app in WM on a drive from Nashville to Chicago.
    No one ever said it was legal...
    but its not exactly illegal afterall its not stealing if theres no way to pay for it
    True...True..Why dont you try telling that to Sprint after you get caught.
    i plead the 5th thats all ive got to say
    lol exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    ok thanks
    ahh you did it again,,lolol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    True...True..Why dont you try telling that to Sprint after you get caught.
    The flaw in this argument is that there IS a way to get it..buy an aircard...which I believe costs more than Verizon's legal tethering plan...and probably why Sprint banned tethering, so they can sell more air cards.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    yes but thats not the feature i want and why should i have to carry around anything other than my pre in fact if they allowed a tethering plan i would pay it but they dont so i wont
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yes but thats not the feature i want and why should i have to carry around anything other than my pre in fact if they allowed a tethering plan i would pay it but they dont so i wont
    I agree 100%. That's one of the reasons my Pre+ carries the Verizon label and not the Sprint one .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    i actually hate sprint right now. i dont get any coverage in my area. its so hard to make or receive calls.
    my mom took my pre into sprint when it was having problems and it had my tether on it and she said he didnt care at all. he was just wondering how i got it