1.    #1  
    So I was at my store tonight to replace my Pre Plus (the keyboard/repeating letters issue).. it was the 29th day of my 30-day window, so I had to get to it ASAP.

I had called Verizon's 800 number and talked to them first about it and they had already called ahead to my store. The replacement went off without a hitch.

A couple if cool things:

As I am talking to the lead technician while my phone is updating, I commented that they needed to push the Pre Plus much more than they have been. I commented on how it was the best OS they had and noticed he had a Droid. We got to talking and he said that they were "told" to really push and sale the Pre Plus recently. He also said the Palm rep had recently been by (last week), and showed all the staff everything the Pre could do. He then went on talking about all the cool features, and then said, "I love my Droid but I just got it... I wish I had gotten a Pre instead."

He really loved the multitasking and the OS. He said the only lag he noted was in first opening an app, but after that it was very smooth.

Positive response from Verizon? Sweet!

Oh, they also noticed my Phantomskinz screen cover, and started asking all kinds of questions. They were amazed at it. By the time I left, I had 5 Verizon employees standing around talking about the Pre and asking for Phantomskinz website...

Maybe I shoulda been a saleman....

The employees are being motivated by money to sell the Pre. Each one they sell, reps are getting a 10 dollar spiff.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I'm glad Verizon accepted the blame for the poor launch and has taken steps to fix it.
    Many thanks, I appreciate the help.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    The employees are being motivated by money to sell the Pre. Each one they sell, reps are getting a 10 dollar spiff.
    Is Verizon paying the money? Do they get money for selling the Droid?
    thats good seeing verizon finally pushing a great os more.
    Really? Cool. I really wanted to go to a Verizon store and just screw around with them about WebOS vs Android, but if they're actually starting to shape up it won't be as much fun.
    This is good news. Maybe Palm will release its new phone on both Verizon and Sprint at the same time, which would be most excellent.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    lol my buddy is a vz manager, and after i let him play with my patched pre and showed him all the shortcuts and actually how to use it, he looked at his droid and squeezed the keyboard till it crackled....it turned off. he looked up smiled and said "guess im gunna have to try out this pre plus myself" lol he loves it and is pushing like crazy, this was days before the rube note hit. his store was one of the very few that did not get the push the palm's speech, lol but they did have to get the training and 5 employees there were like noooooo u can patch it and it does it this way lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This is good news. Maybe Palm will release its new phone on both Verizon and Sprint at the same time, which would be most excellent.
    that would be intelligent of palm though
    Palm prē-ist.
    i just bought my phone yesterday and the people at the store couldn't have been MORE helpful. The pre was being offered for $79.99 online without the BOGO offer, but $149.99 in store with $50 back. My bf and I wanted to do the BOGO but his Eris was $179.99 with a $100 rebate, so the BOGO should really only have been pre-cash back on both phones. Somehow they worked it out so that we paid $150 for BOTH phones WITH the $100 rebate (so each of us essentially spent $25 on our awesome new phones), I got a BOGO touchstone for $49.99, we both got screen protectors, they threw in an extra wall charger for, an extra headset, and a case for him and, granted we have an accessory discount, but somehow NET NET we'll be paying $130 for everything, both phones, accessories, etc. Both the manager and shop assistant worked with us for over an hour and help us set up our phones, test them, port contacts, etc. The manager even told me that I would LOVE the pre plus "everyone does." They also told me I could schedule a half hour appt with a "device expert" to make sure I knew everything there was to know about my phone specifically. Even though I wanted the pre plus, their helpfulness really made me go for it 110%. Great experience at the 57 West 57th Street VZW store in NYC
    to clarify - BOGO touchstone means i got TWO! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by phonetroubles View Post
    to clarify - BOGO touchstone means i got TWO! =D
    BOGO for the touchstone?! wow!
    It's nice to hear a positive Verizon story for a change. Maybe it's good sign.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    ^Yup sure..does
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    to clarify - BOGO touchstone means i got TWO!

cool. When did they start doing the bogo for the touchstone?
    I went by a Verizon store in the Boca Raton mall yesterday for two reasons: 1) to finally look at the Droid in person, 2) to see what the employees had to say about the Pre Plus.

First, how many of you have actually seen the Droid in person - wow is it ugly (of course this is an opinion, but my, my it is brick-looking)??? The back is especially hideous, with a very unfinished (e.g., rail showing??) look!!! I guess I like more curves in my phone (and women - actually my wife ;-)

Second, I asked the guy how the PrePlus was selling, and he said "alright." He then said his best two smartphone sellers were the Droid and the Storm 2. I couldn't really ascertain whether he was ambivalent about the PrePlus, as he didn't really seem that excited when he spoke about the other phones, too. So I will say this is slightly positive news - if the only other option is condemnation of the PrePlus??? I will also say this, the Storm2 was very nice looking, but I need a real keyboard.

BTW - I have a Sprint Pre from June 5th (got it the night before the official release at a Corporate Sprint Store in nearby Pembroke Pines, Fl), and am STILL loving the phone. I had a Palm Treo 650 and 755p prior. I will also state that I wish the Pre had the keyboard of the 755p - which was GREAT. But I realize for its size (which is smaller), the Pre's keyboard is still quite good. I also love the frequent updates... each one overall improves the phone in many ways... Keep it up Palm!!!!!
    believe all their palm accessories are BOGO right now, including blue tooth headsets, pixi backplates etc. Go for it!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just calledd a verizon store near my house n they said that they were not offering a bogo on any of the palm accessories...only the phone itself. Does it say somewhere on a website that they are offering the bogo on palm accessories
    nope sorry, it was just a small sticker that was on the palm accessories case of the store when i walked in