Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    So I had to replace my pre plus b/c the GPS chip in the old one died. So today I got my replacement. Followed all the directions to activate. The pre asks me for my palm profile login info which I give and it appears to login. Then after a minute or two it says "Data Not Restored. We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you need help, visit palm.com/support/."

I've waited over an hour now. I've tried to doctor the pre but for some reason it isn't recognized when I plug it in.

I'm this close to reactivating my old treo 650...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Just to add in some more detail, I tried using a previously made dummy palm profile to login that has no info stored and was able to get into my phone. I'm currently updating to 1.4 on the refurbed unit after which I'll attempt logging into my real palm profile again.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I realize now the doctor wasn't working b/c my phone wasn't in devmode. I've put it in devmode now and it's doctoring away. Hopefully I'll be able to load up my profile.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    The doctoring to 1.4 seems to have done the trick! Thanks guys for all of your help!
    Anytime...not sure anyone did anything, but if we can be of anymore non-assistance please feel free to ask! Glad you got it working though