1.    #1  
    Hello I signed into phone using my Palm Profile and the restore process seems to be "stuck" - the progress bar hasn't not even moved. I tried turning off and turning back the phone and I can't even create a new profile, it just goes back into restoring mode.

It's being over an hour and I can't even use my phone.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Are you in a EVDO or 1x area? I'm stuck in a 1x area and it took a LONG time to do the restore, but it did eventually happen. The progress bar looked like it was stuck for about 20 minutes. I was doing the restore based on Palm tech support guidance so they were there to do a little handholding. The first time it restored, there was nothing in my profile, but the second time, success.
    that happened to me once, I ended up doctoring to the latest version and then no more issues.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, it finally restored. I was in a 3-4 bars 3G area. I didn't realized it was restoring ALL the apps and it's probably why it took forever to restore.
    It can take a while. Although it doesn't actually store the apps on the server to restore it restores a list of apps to redownload then cross checks them with the server to ensure they are still there and downloadable.

Lots of data and lots of apps can take a few minutes to restore. I've seen an actual restore take almost an hour!

Glad you got it working though
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Look if you purchased a lot of app or even a few of the big games such as Need for Speed. So let's say to of the EA games. It can take hours to get restored especially if you are on EVDO and forget about X1..

I have about 50 apps and about 6 games..

It took about 2 hours.

So wait!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Look if you purchased a lot of app or even a few of the big games such as Need for Speed. So let's say to of the EA games. It can take hours to get restored especially if you are on EVDO and forget about X1..

I have about 50 apps and about 6 games..

It took about 2 hours.

So wait!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

yeah, I let it sit for over an hour, it restore apps but all my music and almost 500 pics.
    I'm having the same issue. I've waited over 2 hours and the blue bar hasn't even started. I'm stuck in "restoring your backed up data. This may take a while." Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvannman View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I've waited over 2 hours and the blue bar hasn't even started. I'm stuck in "restoring your backed up data. This may take a while." Help!
    wait for it
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191