1.    #1  
    I wish there was a way to turn off that function. Seems pointless.
    what do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    go to Screen & Lock
    - on Secure Unlock > Switch it to OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Do you mean in Email account settings, Facebook apps, etc?

If so, WHY would you want those to be displayed? If you leave your phone somewhere, finder no only has your phone, but ALL of your email / social app login and passwords.

YIKES!!
  5.    #5  
    yes I meant emailing and web logins. SPecifically when entering a password. Not when the info is already entered I****r phone is stolen you could always doa remote swipe/delete. Either way you would have to change your passwords.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    same reason they are hidden anywhere else, so nobody steals your info
    It's because when your typing in a password and someone spies your phone you really don't want to let them see your entire password, but the middle letter or so isn't too bad.

I guess if you are careful about not allowing people to see anything during the entire process of typing in a password your set.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm in total agreement with passwords being hidden after entering; however, I'm having keyboard issues re: doubling certain letters, missing letters (i'm not that bad a typist) as noted in other threads, so there are times when I have trouble getting my password in correctly due to pre plus keyboard issues. Having the password remain visible until I've finished entering it would be good for me with this keyboard. I'll make sure no one is shoulder surfing me I have a long garbled password for my home network and after a partial erase recently (to fix a different issue), it took me about 6 tries to enter the password correctly because I couldn't see what the keyboard had entered. (No I don't want to change my router password to something else either)

I haven't kept up with the threads lately, but do we know if the keyboard issue on the pre plus is a confirmed hardware issue? or is it something that could be fixed in a future webOS update? (I prefer the latter of course as I really don't want to head back into the verizon store - I'm just over my 30 days and every visit to the store lasts at least 2 hours).
    you could always type the password in the username box...cut it...type your real username in...paste the password? that would literally take a second to do
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Could also keep your password in a memo (yes, not very secure, but as long as it's not linked to a site...) and gesture-c / gesture-v. At least until the keyboard issue is fixed.
    Last edited by comwom; 03/10/2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: forgot about keyboard problem - this is a temp fix.
    Why are they hidden on computers. Nearly every site I go to on my computer does the same thing?
    Corporate, mainly. My mom's last job required those little tone dialer jobbies to use at payphones. (this was ten years ago). People who wanted your access code were trained to see what you were typing in a surprising distance from the phone. You only need to see the pattern, after all. I could probably see your password, or at least enough of it to run with, if I happened to be looking over your shoulder while you logged into your email...........which I would then log into to get your bank password reminder email.

Computers, same thing. Stuff has to have security on it, and that's an even easier screen to see from a distance.