Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    don't they test these updates before releasing it? I feel like they lied to get us excited about 1.4
    Last edited by jovanny27; 03/10/2010 at 02:56 PM.
  2. #2  
    Hype=$
  3. #3  
    because they had to have done something because some people (myself included) have noticed the slight improvement of maybe 5-10% more battery at the end of the day
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    don't the test these updates before releasing it? I feel like they lied to get us excited about 1.4
    I'm angry they did not bring peace to the Middle East.

    I meant ITS 1.4!!!! webOS has been out nearly 9 months. BABIES are gestated in that much time!!

    I thought ALL of society's ills should have been fixed! Palm SUCKS and wants people to get cancer. They better get ir right in 1.4.1!!!
  5. #5  
    thats taking it a bit far i just wanted 1.4 to cure AIDS but we can dream
  6. #6  
    because they can i guess...


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  7. #7  
    BABIES are gestated in that much time!!
    LOL
  8. #8  
    If I could only get a buck for every battery post.
  9. #9  
    well what if you did have a dollar for every battery post?
  10. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm sure under certain circumstances some people are seeing improved battery performance. Mine doesn't seem to have changed, but telling Palm their pants are on fire because you aren't seeing any improvement doesn't help much. What helps is constructive feedback, such as "My battery drains quickly while doing data in roaming areas". That is something Palm can work with and look into improving.

    The phrase Your Mileage May Vary comes to mind. I get 20+ hours from a charge with 20-40 minutes of phone calls a day, 10-50 SMS, several MMS, and about a hour of random web browsing, email checking, and listening to Pandora. I also spend up to a half hour each day just launching apps and playing with the UI as demonstrations for my customers.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  11.    #11  
    I understand all that.. but don't make promises u can't deliver.. My trust to Palm is not as strong as it used to be. Just be straight forward with your customers
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    I understand all that.. but don't make promises u can't deliver.. My trust to Palm is not as strong as it used to be. Just be straight forward with your customers
    As the store manager stated, your mileage will vary. Some people prolly have seen improvements in battery life. However, your usage maybe different than those individuals and therefore, you aren't seeing any improvement.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    As the store manager stated, your mileage will vary. Some people prolly have seen improvements in battery life. However, your usage maybe different than those individuals and therefore, you aren't seeing any improvement.
    same usage as 1.3.5 nothing else, nothing added. the difference now is faster battery drain
  14. #14  
    clearly you dont understand the "YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY" part
  15. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #15  
    I did a search for "battery" in the release notes. Here's what I found:

    "This release improves Calendar synchronization performance in poor network coverage areas to optimize battery life."

    "This release improves Contacts synchronization performance in poor network coverage areas to optimize battery life."

    "...increased battery life across a wider range of user scenarios."

    "This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage."

    In every one of these cases, there is a modifier. They never said it would improve battery for everyone or in all (or even most) scenarios. In fact, technically speaking, they could make battery life WORSE for many, while still having their claims be true.

    Sounds like those that are frequently in poor network coverage areas are the ones expected to see better battery life. And, even then, it may have more to do with what you're syncing, how often, with what, and so forth.

    Not defending Palm... I find battery life unacceptable. But no one should pretend that "Palm Claimed Better Battery Life [for everyone] in the 1.4 Update." They didn't.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    I understand all that.. but don't make promises u can't deliver.. My trust to Palm is not as strong as it used to be. Just be straight forward with your customers
    Wait...they say "battery performance increased", and quite a few people DO get better battery life!

    So...that means that Palm is lying because every piece of hardware and every piece of software and every user aren't all created equal?

    If you wanted that kind of world, go buy an iPod and be happy.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Wait...they say "battery performance increased", and quite a few people DO get better battery life!

    So...that means that Palm is lying because every piece of hardware and every piece of software and every user aren't all created equal?

    If you wanted that kind of world, go buy an iPod and be happy.
    so, u r claiming an ipod will make me happy?? is like saying that if u r in a toyota dealer the agent tells u " go get a honda to be happy " lol
  18. #18  
    well hey at least if you get an ipod/iphone youll be complaining about it over at the iphone blog not here
  19. #19  
    There are no doubt bugs that may be causing SOME users worse battery life, but for the most part we have increased battery life for the majority. We are working diligently with those users that are assisting us to find what is causing battery drains for them and attempting to identify a solution.

    I'm sorry to hear you are having worse battery life, but maybe you can help us identify the issue. I have asked on several other threads for users with worse battery life to send me a PM so I can walk them through the ability to collect log files, although I have not seen a PM from you...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There are no doubt bugs that may be causing SOME users worse battery life, but for the most part we have increased battery life for the majority. We are working diligently with those users that are assisting us to find what is causing battery drains for them and attempting to identify a solution.

    I'm sorry to hear you are having worse battery life, but maybe you can help us identify the issue. I have asked on several other threads for users with worse battery life to send me a PM so I can walk them through the ability to collect log files, although I have not seen a PM from you...
    Ok thanks for the response
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions