Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So far, major problems needs to be fixed:

1- Missed texts and calls
    2- Random Luna and system restarts
    3- Camera app crash, only fix is to restart phone
    4- System freezes
    5- Browser is buggy and laggy

This update brought the most severe issues of any updates to date, when will Palm release a fix update?
    With updates like this, who needs enemies?
    Thats funny, I have none of those issues. But then again I dont patch.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    And I need them to fix the BMW/Blue Tooth issue, mainly, it doesn't work!
    I'm only seeing 1 & 2 on my Pre since 1.4.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post

4- System freezes

This update brought the most severe issues of any updates to date, when will Palm release a fix update?
    i dont have any of these issues and i have plenty of patches installed, you sure it's not one or a few of your patches causing these issues?

Also my bluetooth works great with my Pioneer headunit for BT Audio...maybe that bluetooth issue is just unique to BMW units?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Don't have #1.
    Yes, Luna seems to crash and restart randomly. But the entire device isn't restarting.
    Haven't seen #3.
    I get #4 sometimes, but I also mod my pre, and I don't know how many times that is really Luna about to crash and I just pop the battery out before it does.
    Use the browser a lot and haven't seen #5. If anything, it feels faster/smoother than before.

IMHO, the only real regression is the Luna crash. I do have an odd problem with streaming media on some wireless networks that weren't there before the upgrade which even a doctor didn't fix, so I don't know if that is really a regression or something else going on.

And BT calls and audio work great on my Pioneer.

4- System freezes

I have them all Every last stinking one of them. I would love to know if there is a sense of urgency at Palm to get fixes out.
    what update?

4- System freezes

I don't have any of these issues (seriously), and I run a large variety of patches (and also run at 600mhz).
    The majority of people don't have any of these issues (based on the "positive" posts on these forums vs the negative).

That being said, since there is such a disparity between those having issues and those not (people have had all those issues on "stock" phones, and some have had all those issues with patch-filled phones) I would assume it is more hardware version related that purely software.

I am in no way saying a software update wouldn't help some people out a lot, but I don't think it would solve all the issues.
    Biggest issue I see with the camera app is the delay between pressing the shutter key and it actually taking the picture. Heard there is supposedly a fix coming for that one.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    no issues...running 1.4 with 20some odd patches and 600mhz patch....i have a great phone that impresses my friends with Iphones and Droid base phones....even my computer class teacher is impressed with it and wishes he had one!!!

I think its user/human error.....like usual....same with computers...90% of the time...user/human error....you not doing it right!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Biggest issue I see with the camera app is the delay between pressing the shutter key and it actually taking the picture. Heard there is supposedly a fix coming for that one.
    I'm fairly certain I heard that there is only a lag for the sound playing, and that the picture actually doesn't take any longer to take.

Am I behind on that info?
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    I've had alot of system freezes. It gets so bad that I have to do several battery pulls in one day. It's very aggravating.
    gettin kinda tired of that response... My phone came straight from Sprint with no homebrew/preware installed. It came to me running version 1.0.1 and it wouldn't update. Finally got it to update (thx palm tech support) and then my phone wouldn't stream music... From any app. Ever. Wouldn't even try.

not user error.... Mmmk?

now I'm back to 1.3.5 and everything works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I'm fairly certain I heard that there is only a lag for the sound playing, and that the picture actually doesn't take any longer to take.

Am I behind on that info?
    Well I can't be 100% sure... but on a few pictures I've taken I would absolutely swear that the image that "freezes" momentarily on the screen is not exactly the same as what I end up seeing when I look at the photo roll.

Can't post any caps right now, I'm at work.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

4- System freezes

I'm not having any of these problems. And my phone is patched.

I sure hope that any fix Palm comes up with for your problems doesn't mess up my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scwalker78 View Post

not user error.... Mmmk?
    "Human error.... it can only be attributed to human error."

- HAL 9000
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by scwalker78 View Post
    gettin kinda tired of that response... My phone came straight from Sprint with no homebrew/preware installed. It came to me running version 1.0.1 and it wouldn't update. Finally got it to update (thx palm tech support) and then my phone wouldn't stream music... From any app. Ever. Wouldn't even try.

not user error.... Mmmk?

now I'm back to 1.3.5 and everything works fine.
    Hi scwalker,

Just for the record this is a 'known' problem that has bothered quite a few people (including myself) - it's due to a bad/corrupt/interrupted/incomplete however you want to phrase it install - I would recommend downloading the WebOS Doctor for 1.4 & installing it again. I did this & it fixed the sound issue with no other probs.

Good luck
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast