Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Much thanks goes out to the person on the thread about 1.4 battery life bing a joke who suggested this!

Go into backup, shut backup off
    Erase all backup data immed after at bottom (will pop up)
    Do a soft reset, hold power button down hit reset
    Go back into backup, turn back on and than backup manually ..

Finished!

Never had any problems with battery life before 1.4 and now it barely lasted until 3pm, now it's seems back to normal and signal someone has increased, weird!
    what the hell, it can't hurt,lol
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    good stuff. I did a battery pull and let the battery sit out 2 mins before putting it back in, and that seemed to help me.
    I was the one who posted this tip in the other thread...but I saw it in a different thread the other day...so I am just the messenger. Major kudos to whoever originally found this out! You saved me from throwing my phone out a window.
    I just tried this, we will see if battery life increases
    I did that yesterday to no effect. This morning, I took my phone off the charger from overnight and used it (email and FB) for about 15-20 minutes and it was already at 88%. It now takes more time to get it back to 100% on the charger than the time it took to discharge it. I've got chargers pretty much everywhere I go. I have also shut everything off that I'm not using.

I love the phone but feel sad about the battery life. Next step will be 1-2 spare batteries and a Seidio charging dock to double, triple, or more, my time off the charger. So far, I am always within reach of a charger and the times I am not, I am ok with just checking email and using the phone.
    do what I do buy a extended batt,just not the large one,the one little above normal.
    Same here, at 76% lame.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinPaul View Post
    I did that yesterday to no effect. This morning, I took my phone off the charger from overnight and used it (email and FB) for about 15-20 minutes and it was already at 88%. It now takes more time to get it back to 100% on the charger than the time it took to discharge it. I've got chargers pretty much everywhere I go. I have also shut everything off that I'm not using.

I love the phone but feel sad about the battery life. Next step will be 1-2 spare batteries and a Seidio charging dock to double, triple, or more, my time off the charger. So far, I am always within reach of a charger and the times I am not, I am ok with just checking email and using the phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I can vouch that this solution worked for me and my pre is now super fast.

For those of you who still have battery life drain, there really should be only too variables affecting your battery life when the phone is idle, all things being equal. Experiment with the intervals that you have your email accounts checking for emails. If your phone is constantly roaming or has a low signal, that affects it greatly as well.
    I've been experimenting these past few days with switching data off when not needed,
    all i can say is try it i'm 100% certain you will get double your battery life,
    keep it off and use wifi at home,
    finally it's the phone i wanted
    give it a try you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by 5 sisters; 03/10/2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Hmmm trying now... My battery life has been nothing short of suckiness after 1.4...
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    I hope this helps, thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I tried this this afternoon & haved noticed some improvement so far...am anxious to see how the next couple of full days go..will report back.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Why is it that my phone still has really good battery life, I can go through a 8 hour day at school with playing 3-d games, and checking facebook etc (texting also) and only going to about 72%?

Btw, I don't know if this helps or not, but I've seen better results by charging it thru a USB Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Much thanks goes out to the person on the thread about 1.4 battery life bing a joke who suggested this!

Go into backup, shut backup off
    Erase all backup data immed after at bottom (will pop up)
    Do a soft reset, hold power button down hit reset
    Go back into backup, turn back on and than backup manually ..

Finished!

Never had any problems with battery life before 1.4 and now it barely lasted until 3pm, now it's seems back to normal and signal someone has increased, weird!
    Wuh? Can anyone explain why this would help anything?
    Trying it because even after charging all night and while at work, it is dead before i goto bed.
    Oddly enough, after I did this I've noticed far fewer "too many cards" errors. In fact, for the first time, I could open a 3D game (e.g., Dungeon Hunter) with a few cards open, run it for awhile, then close it and open a number of other cards (in this case, 15). Then, after receiving an error on the 16th card, I closed all but two (email and chat), and then I could still open a 3D game.

This is the first time I could open a 3D game after opening a number of cards and receiving the error. I hesitate to call this a fix--it could certainly be coincidence--but it certainly is interesting. And, this is exactly how I expect the system to act, that when apps are closed memory is released for reuse.

Can't report on battery life yet.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Honestly, I haven't really noticed anything being better or worse about my battery since 1.4, but I figured I'd give this a go. I'll report back if I see any difference.
    Just like wynand32 has posted, I too am getting a lot less "too many cards" and 3D games starting up fine even after opening several cards, and other 3D games as well! Weird, but true! BTW, battery life hasn't changed for me though, but phone definitely performing better than ever!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I don't see why this would help either..

If anything, shouldn't just leaving 'backup' off be technically better because it's one less thing tapping into your phone using up juice? We all know that Palm has flailed in backing us up properly anyways. (I don't recall seeing a major fix or acknowledgment of this from Palm as of 1.4) I myself learned that the hard way when I lost a bunch of contacts when I had to get yet another refurb and now properly backup everything in Gmail.

My Palm profile has was not backing up properly as of 1.4 anyways. I would occasionally check it and it was days behind and not being backed up daily as it states to do so I just turned it off.

If it works for some more power to ya all. In my case, battery life and 1.4 has been about the same as always. Mediocre with a lousy 1150 battery in a smart phone. Having the option to turn off WiFi when the phone sleeps has helped my battery the most. (When I have Data turned off as well that is. Having that toggle switch patched in the device menu is great!)
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/11/2010 at 12:30 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast