Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday I exchanged my Pre for the fourth time. I'm sure that there are some of you that have had to do this more times than me, but I have to say... I'm getting really really tired of doing this.
    First of all, I have to say that I LOVE THIS PHONE. It is by far the best/coolest phone I've ever had. That being said, I'm soooooo tired of dealing with the poor quality of this phone, and whats worse is dealing with the crappy service I get from the sprint stores. I'm on the verge of just saying to hell with this phone, the only thing stopping me is my love of this phone.
    I bought my daughter the Pixi for christmas, as kind of an experiment to see how that phone would hold up. She is on her 2nd phone.
    I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on this. If you got rid of your Pre or Pixi, what Sprint phone would you get, or wait for??
    If you'd asked me in October, I'd have said HTC Hero. Which I still really like. Today I'd consider also the Samsung Moment.

But, truth be told, since 3d games & video recording are now available, I like the Pre best of all the available Sprint phones. If a nice beefy android phone comes available by June (when I can get my next upgrade) I'll consider it (e.g. Nexus One). But for now I'm sticking w/the Pre.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Most of the issues people return their phone for can be solved reading this thread - I know cause I returned one before I read it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html
    Last edited by zx600; 03/10/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    I felt just as the OP did and jumped off the train in October to the HTC Hero. Found a refurb Pre for nothing in January, and managed to get it replaced with a much better model, so it's the best of both worlds.

However, If I were just finding myself in that predicament as of today, I'd wait. Sprint really only has "old" models available of each platform (WinMo, Android, WebOS) and will surely be refreshing these lineups in the next three months. So come time for your Premier upgrade, survey the landscape. If the HTC Supersonic or Legend is available on Sprint then, I'd leap for either in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I'm about to be on pre number seven this week. Everytime I get a replacement I'm stoked, don't want to scratch it up and throw on a phantomskinz guard. A month later I'm back @ sprint getting a replacement. Can I charge THEM for all the money I'm wasting on the guards?
  6.    #6  
    Well, I may be wrong, but I don't think that i should have to 'fix' my phone when it stops working correctly. I paid A LOT of money for this phone, and I expect it to work. I have never returned a phone for a 'petty' issue. My first phone, I returned because the screen would not turn on at all. Second phone because the speaker blew out and all I could hear was crackling. Third phone because the center button made the screen 'jump', and also when the screen would turn off, it wouldn't always turn back on all the way. It would kind of light up, but show no icons or background or anything.
    Like I said before. I love this phone, I don't want to get rid of it, but there comes a point where you just don't want to deal with this kind of thing all the time.
    Move on from the Pre if you're constantly exchanging phones to the point of being on your seventh (wth?).
    It's that simple.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm still running on a launch Pre with no problems.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Move on from the Pre if you're constantly exchanging phones to the point of being on your seventh (wth?).
    It's that simple.
    Yep, its that simple as Palm is finding out.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    it's not that simple. I don't want another phone. I want a palm pre. I want it to work right. I want the speaker to not blow out... Especially being that it doesn't turn up very loud to begin with. I want to listen to pandora through the headphones without the sound cutting out everytime I move. I love the phone but don't understand how the build quality can be so horrendous. I want to recommend to all my friends to get the pre. It's awesome. I plan on getting my gf one. But damnit is there no quality control @ palm? I spoke with escalations department and they said I could choose any other phone and they would send it to me because of all the problems I've had. I chose to just get another pre. I don't want a blackberry. I don't want a hero. I want a pre. It's THAT Simple..
  11.    #11  
    Thank you BD, Thats EXACTLY what I'm saying!!!!
    I am amazed. I bought one for my wife in July '09 and its great. I liked her phone so much, I purchased one for myself in Nov. '09 and it is great.

Have not had to replace either. Just lucky, I suppose.
    Problem solved then.

Just be lucky.
  14.    #14  
    I thought I was really lucky with my first one too. It lasted a long time! But when it wouldn't turn on, I was forced to go to the sprint store and trade my NEW phone for a series of REFURBISHED phones. I even kept my first phone through problems like serious oreo-ing, and two big yellow spots on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    Most of the issues people return their phone for can be solved reading this thread - I know cause I returned one before I read it.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

I am going to have to bring mine back or return it. and that list does not fix my issues. I have a stuck pixel and I even ran several "pixel unstickers". It is only one but in some things it is VERY noticeable. Others not as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekoish View Post
    Well, I may be wrong, but I don't think that i should have to 'fix' my phone when it stops working correctly. I paid A LOT of money for this phone, and I expect it to work. I have never returned a phone for a 'petty' issue. My first phone, I returned because the screen would not turn on at all. Second phone because the speaker blew out and all I could hear was crackling. Third phone because the center button made the screen 'jump', and also when the screen would turn off, it wouldn't always turn back on all the way. It would kind of light up, but show no icons or background or anything.
    Like I said before. I love this phone, I don't want to get rid of it, but there comes a point where you just don't want to deal with this kind of thing all the time.
    no , you are right to expect your phone to work, all I was saying is that I returned a phone because it was stuck on speaker phone mode, I had to wait a few weeks (pre was out of stock during the Christmas season) not knowing that if I had plugged in a head phone to it and unplugged while the screen was on, it would of fixed the issue without having to return it, which is why I posted the easy fixes thread, but in your case I would also be ****ed!
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    I would say it is less "be lucky" and more "don't be unlucky"

No problems for me so far in 7 months.
    I am sick of exchanging my Pre but I don't blame Palm, I blame Sprint.

I bought a new Pre at release, I had it and everything was perfect with it for months. That is, until a "friend" dropped water all over it. He's a fool, anyway...

So then I started getting replacement/refurbished phones. Ha.

I've had 5 of those now.

I had all 5 of those replacements within a 2 month period.

I cannot blame palm in this. A brand new Pre lasts months and months and 5 "refurbished" phones from Sprint pass within 2 months. Sorry, that's Sprint not Palm.
    But don't the new Pre phones that "last months and months" have to break on their own before Sprint refurbishes them in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    But don't the new Pre phones that "last months and months" have to break on their own before Sprint refurbishes them in the first place?
    If you had read my post, water was dropped on mine.

And let's be honest, who here has NEVER dropped their phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast