Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Well dang. Dropped my pre (fell on carpet) and now the phone won't close. Took it by the Sprint store and it's going to cost the $100 to replace.
    That's it?
    That's the whole story?
    kind of anticlimactic....

Add some romance, car chase and/or an explosion or two...
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post

Yeah, something, LoL.
    i wouldn't of took it in and said i didn't drop it lmao...tell them it had oreo effect too and dead pixels and maybe they'll replace it for free

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    Well dang. Dropped my pre (fell on carpet) and now the phone won't close. Took it by the Sprint store and it's going to cost the $100 to replace.
    if there's physical evidence you dropped it then for sure you're going to have to pay the deductible lol they're not going to believe you can close it without dropping it lol good luck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Just out of curiosity how far was the drop? You can probably just adjust the slide hinges by the battery.
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    LOL, I know not a super exciting story. It fell maybe 3 1/2 - 4 feet. I can see a metal clip that looks out of place. Gonna have to see if it's fixable from under the battery.
    With that info let me try to spice up the storyline a little (Bored at work)....

While I was out yesterday with my significant other, a group of bikers chased us into an abandon carpet factory. Cornered against the wall, my open Pre in hand, I swung wildly at the bikers taking two out and making the rest flee. Victoriously I kissed my partner and dropped my Pre while passionately embracing them. I then travel to a Sprint store where, to my horror, they said I needed to pay $100 to replace my Pre.
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    die hard 5
    I think the title of the thread needs some help too.
    first off it should only cost 50 bucks when you have insurance what is insane not to have in case something like that happens and second of all you could had said you didnt drop it so long they cant see it that it got droped but ya 50 bucks when you have insance. and stop dropping ****. what is that with people and dropping ****. old people with artitist drop **** but young healthy people should have problems to hold on to stuff. lol jeez.
    Should have had a screen protector on it. Not that it would have kept the Pre from not being able to close.

I had previously dropped my Pre on a blacktop parking lot and would have had a cracked screen had it not been for the screen protector (OK quick advertisement - bestskinsever). I'm very impressed by them and am glad that I had one put on.

They are definitely worth the investment, whether it is theirs or someone elses.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    *sigh* lame post all around I suppose. The new story line is much better. Perhaps if I can't fix it up will try a diff sprint store with new and improved story.
    *sigh* lame post all around I suppose.
    It's okay.
    If you need some thread title help, let me know, lol.

P.S.
    Maybe throw in some ---><--- >>> and stuff like that.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/10/2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Here's my version ("acting" as angieh)
    I was driving down the road in my 2009 Toyota Camry when I got a text message from a text message from Elvis. At first I didn't believe this ('cause everyone knows that Elvis is dead), so I said, Oh my God. Now an angel appeared in the car seat next to me. (I knew he was an angel because the "air bag off" light (for the passenger side) remained lit on my dashboard. He started singing "Angel", and this made my cat very upset. The cat quickly grabbed my Pre (thinking it was a tazer), but WebOS was so slow, and the WebOS 1.4 "launch" card and icon ended up hypnotizing the cat. Elvis, the angel, took a swing at the cat (while he had the opportunity), the cat (whose name is "dang") dropped the Pre. Several minutes went by as the Pre stayed in the air, spinning in slow motion. Eventually I realized that I was in that twilight zone between when releases are rumored and when they actually appear. I knew the only hope I had of saving my Pre was to think about something that would take a really long time to actually happen. I thought long and hard about all the complaints, wishes, and rumors from on PreCentral trying to think about which request I might be able to make to "Elvis" the angel in hopes of warping time. Nothing worked, there were just so many things I was angry about, and I felt myself unable to think of anything other than a landscape keyboard. Elvis granted my wish, and vanished. This moment in time was gone in a Flash 10.0, I heard a loud shrill and hissing sound from my cat, and when I looked down, I saw that my wish had been granted - only that the landscape keyboard does not close. I wished I had asked for something better. I didn't, but at least I have this great story to tell! You might be wondering why I took my phone "by" the Sprint store but why I didn't go in. That has to do with my sticking accelerator pedal, but that's a story for another discussion board and another time!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!

I recommend during the car chase that there be many ricochets of bullets off light poles and the obligatory hub cap spinning off during a sharp turn.
    Yes...
    ....and flashing lights!
    We NEED flashing lights.
    What is this thread about again?
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    What is this thread about again?
    It's about how to liven up a story, but then it was brought off-topic by some Pre returned to the store business.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast