1.    #1  
    One of the few things that I'm missing from my Treo is the Quick Text feature in SMS that had a pre-loaded one-touch list of common text strings like "I'm running late." or "Can't talk right now." etc. It also was customizable.
    I'm surprised that the Pre doesn't have this, or am I missing something (I'm a Pre noobie).
    If this isn't a resident app in the Pre is there a free app. for these text shortcuts?
    Thanks,
    J.P.
    There are apps in the catalog for that. I don't know the names of them though, because i don't use them.
    But they're there.
    Agree with jptl, it should be part of the SMS messaging program...Can't believe how much you miss certain features until it is missing...
    There is an app in the catalog it is $.99 and called QuickText.
    Templates have been a standard feature on every mobile i have owned since the invention of SMS, why should we pay for a feature (i cant im in the uk) thats standard only any 20 el-cheapo handset?
  6.    #6  
    I saw that Quick Text was a free app. in Homebrews, but the download link has been pulled. It's now a .99 app in the catalog...but it wasn't reviewed too well. I opted for P2Snippets, (free) but haven't determined if it's going to be a time saver or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    Templates have been a standard feature on every mobile i have owned since the invention of SMS, why should we pay for a feature (i cant im in the uk) thats standard only any 20 el-cheapo handset?
    I agree. Maybe Palm will sense the demand and put it in the next update. I started out with 1.3 and was amazed that there wasn't a video recording feature...then 1.4 came along...