1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with Pandora today? I get the blue start up screen, but it just sits there.

I've checked to make sure I've got the latest version installed. I'm at 1.01, and no later version is available in the app catalog. Perhaps I have a patch installed that is causing this to fail?

Anyone else seeing this?

And for those who will feel the need to suggest I use grooveshark or slacker instead, thanks.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    It was fine for me a few hours ago on my way in to work.
    Are you connected to a corporate Wifi network, a personal Wifi network or EVDO? If connecting through a corporate Wifi network, perhaps the network admins started blocking connections to Pandora in order to reduce traffic on their networks. That is getting more and more common on corporate Wifi & even some EDU Wifi networks.

If you are connected to a personal Wifi or EVDO, then it is likely something else.

For what it is worth, ever since the 1.4 upgrade, the performance (especially applications that requested data from the Internet) were getting slower and slower for me. And, battery life was getting worse and worse. Finally, last night I tried the trick I saw elsewhere of resetting the Backup and the phone is running MUCH faster, the battery life is better and applications that request data from the Internet are running much faster (e.g. the Engadget app is able to download data again).

Backup > Turn it off & select the option to delete the current backup > reboot phone > turn backup functionality back on > Backup Now

Not sure why this worked, but it worked for me.
    Had the no stream problem and had to see the doctor.
  5.    #5  
    I'm connected to EVDO.

Gonna try your backup thing.
    Try a luna reset, followed by a full device reset. And if that doesn't work try a hard reset (pulling the battery while the device is on, then holding the power button for about 10 seconds with no battery; gets any residual power out of the phone). And if that still doesn't work, it has to be the network with which you are connecting. I also had no problems this morning on my way to work, but I do sometimes run into a Pandora that just doesn't want to connect/stream, so a reset is usually the best cure.

FYI, I use EVDO on the way to work (should be obvious as I'm on the move .
    I've got my running right now and it's working fine
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    Had the no stream problem and had to see the doctor.
    What does "see the doctor" mean?
    Last edited by efmw117; 03/10/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    I had to backup and doctor back to 1.3.5.1 and now mine works. Nothing was streaming for me. I guess I'll wait and enjoy the features of 1.4 when they fix it.
    what I can't understand is why 1.4 is fine for some and not others. It was fine on the phone that I had replacwd... The replacement they sent me, 1.4 wouldn't let me stream audio from any app.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I had the same problem happen to me. I deleted Pandora, reinstalled it and it worked fine after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    I had the same problem happen to me. I deleted Pandora, reinstalled it and it worked fine after that.
    my experience exactly. didn't work, deleted it, reinstalled it, signed in, streamed music.
    I'm having the exact same problem. I just made sure to uninstall pandora, then I reinstalled it, but still I am having problems connecting with my Pandora app. I've tried it on 3 separate WIFI's as well as EVDO, but still it sits at the blue screen loading up a radio station.

I even went for a drive and kept it running for 30 minutes, but nothing happened at all.

This is also an issue that is going on with some of my hombrew applications, like File Coaster and Music Player (Remix).

is this a 1.4 issue? I'm getting really frustrated. I just got this phone yesterday and I love it, but if I can't get this pandora app to work - I'm just going to take this back and pick up the HTC Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenious138 View Post
    This is also an issue that is going on with some of my hombrew applications, like File Coaster and Music Player (Remix).
    To fix the Remix issue do the following:

1) Make sure you have the latest version installed (0.12.3).
    2) Copy a new music file over to your device in USB mode
    3) Disconnect the USB cable and then re-run the app.

Incidentally, if you ever need support with Music Player (Remix), you can always come by the thread in the Homebrew section.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Having the same problem with Pandora for a couple of days now... Just sits there and thinks about playing... Ive uninstalled/reinstalled and I get the same thing. Its pretty tragic.
    Even though most of you have re-installed it, try signing out of it and signing back in.
    That fixed it for me a few weeks ago.
    I have the same problem. I've tried removing, reinstalling, signing out and back in, full reset, EVERYTHING!!!

I loved this phone at first and now it's just becoming a pain in the ****.

There is always something not working on it. I have had many many phones and have never had so many problems as I do with the Pre.

I am with ingenious138, and will probably trade it in for an HTC Hero.
    I just ran WebOS Doctor for WebOS 1.4 and it worked like a champ. Pandora and my other streaming stations work again. YEAAAHH!!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Even though most of you have re-installed it, try signing out of it and signing back in.
    That fixed it for me a few weeks ago.
    For me, the app doesn't get to a state where I can even logout. It just sits there on the first Pandora splash screen. No menus are available. Nothing. I just saw that others have tried deleting and reinstalling. I'm in the middle of trying that, now.

Edit: Deleting and re-installing worked for me.