Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Gah............go google Fender CBS. Have fun reading. Dang near put them out of business, that move.

Off to do something productive.
    Totally off-topic (but hey, the thread went off-topic a LONG time ago, about the time someone brought up nonsense about the Pre and Pixi being "toast"), but I have to say something about Fender.

Though not a great player by any stretch of the imagination (and frankly, I lean more towards Takemines instead of Fenders, I prefer accoustic sounds), what do you think of Clapton's commercial with the Fender "branded" MyTouch?

I literally turn the channel every time I see that commercial. What in the world does a phone have to do with Fender guitars and/or Eric Clapton, other than a perfect example of a brand name sellout for nothing more than $$$$ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, Herbie. I'm worked up. Whooo. Lemme sit down for a sec.

I have not contradicted myself. Since you are asserting I am, please provide the quotes to illustrate this. Meanwhile, I'll head over to Bing and find some yoga poses to calm my frazzled nerves.
    Happy to oblige. Here's your little "toast" clip:

"Better" ads for the Pre and Pixi are pointless now. Those devices, even in Plus form, are old news, and it would be throwing good and PRECIOUS money after bad at this point. If WebOS is ever to bloom or explode, it must do it on a significantly different device. The Pre and Pixi are toast.
    Then, when I mentioned hardware, you insisted:
    This thread isn't about the quality of the devices. It's about the performance of the stock and their financials, which ties directly into the sales of the devices. Last time I checked, effective advertising is a major factor there.
    (even though it was you that brought up the hardware, and insisted it was "toast")
    Then, you came back with this:
    Herbie, the hardware is the only possible reason a specific device could be toast while the company and software are not necessarily toast.
    These are all from this thread. So, the thread isn't about hardware, according to you, so why do you keep discussing the hardware?

Of course, you only want to focus on whatever your current rant is about. If someone brings up something you've said previously, they're "lying", "emotional", or whatever term your tiny brain can come up with at that moment.

Meanwhile, the device is is still selling. I use mine without butter or jam. I see new software for every day. New vendors are announced almost weekly. And in just a few more weeks, virtually all of the phone carriers in NA will have come on board with it. Not bad for a piece of heated bread.
    I'll head over to Bing and find some yoga poses to calm my frazzled nerves.
    Speaking of Yoga, I think I found your favorite posture (it certainly seems to a common one on here):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Tiny brain"...tired JPEG jokes.....Herbie, you made a funny! All because I hurt your feelings again.

Well, take a deep breath, collect yourself, and concentrate as best you can so I can explain the following just once:

There. "This thread is not about the quality of the devices" Was true. Is True. It's about Palm's financials and what can they do to change the downward spiral. As an adjunct, I mentioned that their current device lineup is toast because it has failed to adequately catch on at any carrier, and AT&T will be no different if they are also merely receiving the Pre and Pixi Plus. That specific hardware just hasn't caught on, and those brands go with it.

Is this related to the form factors? The pricing? The build quality? The competition? Likely a combination of all of the above, but no one - including me - can say it with absolute certainty. All we can say with certainty is that the devices haven't caught on as evidenced by continually declining sales (and as someone pointed out in this thread a few posts back - marketshare). At no point did I contradict myself.

Of course - as usual - you will try to do derail the thread with either semantic nitpicking or just outright making something up, then harp on that point until the other person tires or no one cares any longer. The good news is you were late, and the thread had mostly run its course. The bad news is you look silly either way. Meanwhile, I cede the last word to you in this thread, and bid you a good day. See you next thread, Herbie.
    Of course - as usual - you will try to do derail the thread with either semantic nitpicking or just outright making something up, then harp on that point until the other person tires or no one cares any longer. The good news is you were late, and the thread had mostly run its course. The bad news is you look silly either way. Meanwhile, I cede the last word to you in this thread, and bid you a good day. See you next thread, Herbie.
    Interesting concept. You ask for quotes, then when they're provided, you claim I'm "nitpicking", and trying to "derail the thread".

You've accused me of lying (not true, I never intentionally tell a falsehood), "making things up" (again, I provided quotes, but that seems to not be good enough for you), and I'm still smiling the whole time because none of it matters in the immediate future. As I stated (and will repeat), the devices are still selling, new software & vendors are coming out for it, new carriers are picking it up. Guess everyone forgot to run it past you.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345