Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK, I know we all hate the Pre bashing threads. I am certainly not a Pre basher. I have loved my Pre since day one in June (about a week after it's release).

I think that over time, I have grown very annoyed with the countless number of glitches that occur. Don't get me wrong, I really think the Pre has so much potential, and I have used many features that this smart phone has to offer. I simply can't stand the problems that keep arising on the simplest of applications.

For instance, I was on a call today that required me to enter different numbers on the key pad for the automated portion of the phone call. When I tried to hit the # (pound) sign, I would get such a delay that I would end of hitting it twice, because all of a sudden the Pre was able to catch up in it's memory to accept the touch pad being pressed. It completely messed up the call and ended it because of the second # press!! I find the lag time on the simple phone app is just so annoying. Why can't Palm make the touch keypad have instant action when a number is being tapped? This also goes for other app's while trying to scroll down, and having really chopping motion.

My other complaint is the Video Recorder. I know it has just been released, but I was recording the morning, and suddenly the screen froze, but the record time indicator at the top right hand corner kept going! The actual video did stop recording the moment the screen froze, although the time kept going. Of course, the Pre restarted itself after that. I only had one other app open at the time of recording, and I did a restart last night.

I just don't know what to do. I love this dag gone phone, but the growing number of glitches are really starting to get to me. I also don't know if they are related to Preware or any of the patches. I hate doing the Web Dr. because it is a long process to first back up everything, and then to link my contacts from my AIM account to each individual contact.

I feel like I'm in a counseling session and waiting for all of the genius's opinions and suggestions. I also know someone is going bash me for posting this and tell me to get rid of my Pre, but that's not what I want to do. I want to keep the Pre, but be assured that someday these glitches will be fixed. Will they?...

Pea Soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Oh, by the way, after I posted this, I starting reading through the rest of the thread topics, and it seems that almost all of them are in some way voicing a complaint in regard to the Pre!! What is going in here? Does anyone else notice this? I can't believe the number of problems this phone is having with its users. I don't know guys, things just are not looking too good for Palm and this device.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I really would like Palm to see the Pre's forum and all of the complaints posted. Should I just post the link to the Pre forum? Do you think Palm would actually look at it?
    Yeah, i pay alot of my bills by phone, and i've run into the exact same problem as you and had to keep hanging up and starting all over again.
    EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

This 1.4 update was touted to be the webOS savior, but all i got out of it was the same if not worse lag everywhere, checkerboarding CONSTANTLY in the web browser (which was fixed in previous updates), and still getting that unbelievable "too many cards" error.

Oh wait, now i have a camcorder.
    I got the video freezing bug too. Was taping my son at the park feeding bread to geese and ducks, and suddenly it froze, even as the time code kept going. Had no other apps running. Run no themes. Only have one patch, and it's only for the phone app. I had to restart, which was disappointing because I missed a lot of a magic moment.

The "too many cards" error is a bigger problem, tho. I've started getting it just when loading a robust webpage, not even opening an additional card. Same page loaded on the less powerful HTC Hero with no such issues with lots of widgets and apps in the background.

The web browser has become super-glitchy now. A lot more checkerboarding, coupled with pages half-rendering and lots of rendering lag.

Palm just can't seem to get this OS out of the beta stage.
    yeah, I'm with you. This last update brought a nice feature or two but man did it introduce lots if new and existing issues. I find the phone keypad issue you mentioned very annoying because I call lots of IVRs for work. So far this new update brought camcoder and splash screen but also brought random restarts, lag and missed phone calls. I think by June it is decision time for me.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I like my pre and i think the UI is better than the iphone or andriods, however, I'm anxious to get something else that works better, more reliably and adds back some of the basic features that Palm took out (like calendar invites!!!!!!).
    1.4 is as bad as 1.2 with the bugs. Reboots, the browser is nearly unusable for me, the camera is nearly unusable now, TMC constantly, even when just sitting there now which is nice.

Funny thing though is the phone app is much better for me most of the time. It's still frustrating but not nearly as bad. The other nice thing is my battery life after a fresh reboot is sometimes magically good. Especially when idle.

While I do get frustrated and want to throw the phone through the window almost daily, I also know that an update will be out within a month or two that will fix these issues. I am going to be patient and be that much happier with the next update.
    i too had same issues recording w/ camera where it would freeze for a breif second but it continued recording, when i play it back it's stil freezes when the phone does and then continues.

but, i can't complain, this feature was just enabled and even though they are playing catch up with competition at least they tried but not perfect, yet. They didn't sell me the pre w/ video recording so it's not like it's something worth complaining about.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I really would like Palm to see the Pre's forum and all of the complaints posted. Should I just post the link to the Pre forum? Do you think Palm would actually look at it?
    People who have problems with a product come to a quality forum to either complain or look for a fix. Happy customers rarely look for info, they don't need to. We have maybe 30% of all Pre owners here, on the high side.

Palm does look at the forum. If you go to their corporate website, PreCentral is listed several times in the Support section. I could have sworn it was right on one of the first pages, Precentral and three other forums. At least one Palm support guy trolls around helping out now and again.
    I and many, MANY others have similar feelings, especially with regards to the phone app. I could never understand how ending a call could take so long. The time between hanging up the phone and being able to make another can be up to 10 seconds. I know, big deal, a whole 10 seconds. But when I'm making a lot of work calls (being in IT and transportation is pretty fast-paced), that 10 seconds can really bother you. I've also become extremely annoyed with the lag in pressing #'s. I don't know what causes this or why it's there, but you would think this would be a simple fix for Palm.
    There are other issues to. Opening up a decent-sized Office or PDF file can cause the screen to freeze and the phone to reboot. random screen freezes on other apps, which I've only noticed since the 1.4 update. The lag between launching the phone/recorder app and actually seeing the buttons appear on the screen.
    As I've said for a while now, I knew what I was getting into with a first-gen device like the pre and WebOS, and it really has been less than a year so far. I am trying (or talking myself into) being patient and tolerating these growing pains, but I do feel you voltageROCK. Having these issues on a device you love, yet watching the HTC Android devices and even the iphone cruise by with better hardware and many less bugs can be frustrating. But as I've said before, I'm in it to June to see where we go. Without a significant hardware update and an overall fine-tuning of the OS, Palm may be losing a lot of customers when the time for a phone upgrade comes. Here's to hoping that Palm can come through so I won't be one of them.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Possibly. There are some Palm folks who peak at us from time to time.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    still getting that unbelievable "too many cards" error.

i too can't beleive this isn't fixed yet..

Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i too can't beleive this isn't fixed yet..
    I've actually only gotten that one once, right after I installed Assasin's Creed. I had to restart to get rid of it, but that one is a known problem with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    I've actually only gotten that one once, right after I installed Assasin's Creed. I had to restart to get rid of it, but that one is a known problem with the game.

lol that is a known problem w/ the phone too i've only gotten it like 2 or 3 times since upgrading to 1.4 but still it's annoying having to reboot the phone cause it takes like almost 2 minutes to reboot. 2 minutes isn't the end of the world but sit w/ a stop watch and wait two minutes when you are trying to do something important.... it feels like an eternity...

we all seem to love this phone, and all seem to get frustrated with it....it's like having a real relationship here...ahahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    lol that is a known problem w/ the phone too i've only gotten it like 2 or 3 times since upgrading to 1.4 but still it's annoying having to reboot the phone cause it takes like almost 2 minutes to reboot. 2 minutes isn't the end of the world but sit w/ a stop watch and wait two minutes when you are trying to do something important.... it feels like an eternity...
    I know, and I'm trying to figure that one out. I probably could if I could get it to happen.
  19.    #19  
    Out of curiosity, do any of us know if Preware can be the cause for some of these issues? If there is anyone out there who has not installed Preware or any patches/themes, and kept the Pre completely stock, could you come forth and just say if you are experiencing these same issues as those who have modified their Pre's like I have?
    Out of curiosity, do any of us know if Preware can be the cause for some of these issues? If there is anyone out there who has not installed Preware or any patches/themes, and kept the Pre completely stock, could you come forth and just say if you are experiencing these same issues as those who have modified their Pre's like I have?
    Not to steal his thunder, but DBD runs a stock Pre. He is famous for it

Plus I have seen lots of people complaining with no patches. My wife on the other hand has almost the same patches I have, yet her phone runs a bajillion times better. Not a single reboot, camera always works. One big difference...she almost never uses the web browser. I really have suspicions that the browser causes many issues. I think after my next reboot I will go browser free and see if the Pre gets better.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast