Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    only difference i saw is that since i removed preware and file manager plus some patches i have no longer resets.
    for the rest still i also get the tmc problem (also with assasin's creed) and i still experience a bit of lag in some apps.

i also wondered if the pre stock would be with less of these problems, but i also think i would miss the few patches i kept, cause they make the phone more prone to my needs.
    but maybe it's worth a try...for some days...
    June 1st - Sprint/Palm will see a mass exodus to a different sprint phone.. I for one will be one of the defectors. It's only saving grace right now is my ability to WIFI tether with it. With a bberry you can use pdanet but I don't tether with my PC as much as I do my ipod touch or my wife's ipod touch.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by memfel View Post
    only difference i saw is that since i removed preware and file manager plus some patches i have no longer resets.
    for the rest still i also get the tmc problem (also with assasin's creed) and i still experience a bit of lag in some apps.

i also wondered if the pre stock would be with less of these problems, but i also think i would miss the few patches i kept, cause they make the phone more prone to my needs.
    but maybe it's worth a try...for some days...
    That is another good point. I would love to remove Preware and the patches too, but some patches are really important to me and I can't believe that they are not incorporated into the Pre' s software to begin with, like Time Stamping the text messages!!! Come on now. Stock, the messages say Yesterday, or Last Week!! Is Palm kidding with that? Also, no call duration on phone calls??? Oh no, I'm starting to get really negative here!! Gotta stop myself!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Out of curiosity, do any of us know if Preware can be the cause for some of these issues? If there is anyone out there who has not installed Preware or any patches/themes, and kept the Pre completely stock, could you come forth and just say if you are experiencing these same issues as those who have modified their Pre's like I have?
    My Pre has been stock since day one, back in June. People have to realize the problem is with the OS, whether or not you have tweaks or patches.
    I run completely stock....no patches, no homebrew, nada.....and i have had the same exact problems as all of you have listed here....

Too Many Cards.....happened about 3-5 times prior to installing 1.4....hasnt happened since upgrade

Phone App keystroke lag......whenever i check my voicemail i have to try at LEAST 3 times entering in my password...the last number NEVER goes through or recognizes the stroke..have to hang up and usually by the 3rd try it goes....this happens DAILY

Checkerboarding.....much more since upgrade

COMPLETE FREEEEEZE.....have any of you been having issues with a complete freeze? where NOTHING responds? and you have to remove battery and try 2-3 times to reboot? this has happened to me approx 3-5 times since purchase in october...and is verrrry frustrating....

in a nutshell.....if im having these kind of issues with a stock phone, i would feel comfortable hypothesizing that upgrades and homebrew are not responsible for these glitches so frequently mentioned....

just my $.02
    wait...on a POSITIVE note...lol...my battery life has just kept getting better and better since purchase in October.......

(i probably only go below 10% 2x a week, and plug into charger every night regardless of power level.....battery life has improved noticeably as time has gone on)
    i aliken the pre to the betamax video. Betamax was superior to vhs but collapsed as it wasnt marketed very well and vhs was.

pre is a better phone than the iphone but nobody knows about it because palm doesnt tell anybody, i have only seen 1 advert for it on telly (uk) and the app catalogue is shocking, i mean how many 'tip calculators' does a person need (none as i can work out 10%). And for uk users its even worse as most of the apps w cant even get hold of!

pre will die and its a shame cos its a good phone (mostly)
    it seems that patches and preware take a toe on it palm always says they don't approve the patches and apps but you of course can do it do. And it seems I don't really have those problems at all specially since I installed jstop it cleans out the memoery and keeps the phone running. And yes patches preware can mess the phone up and some apps don't seem to work proper since 1.4 like pixelpipe or friendsflow and engaded you can look at artikels but if you try to open up the comments it doesn't open them and the web browser has some lack and it judt seems 1.4 has quiet some issues and needs a fix also twitter apps like spaz and twee have some annoying lag. Jstop helps a lot to keep the phone running better but the 1.3.5.1 seem it was the better update and the phone in my case was blazing fast. Also when I updated to 1.4 it damage my pre so I needed to get an replacement. Unbelievable. Lol
    I don't think it'll be anything as dramatic as a "mass exodus" in June. But sales will stall even further if the second hand/used Pre market keeps swelling. And that's definitely going to happen if Sprint Pre users are battling A)the endless Pre refurb train and B)Palm's incessantly buggy updates.

I mean, how many times do we have to go through "Here's video recording finally! Only it lags and randomly freezes." or "Here's 3D games!...but you don't have the memory to run them at will"?

And why do we get a new browser with each update? Not a better one, mind you, but just a new one with a different set of quirks.
    Quote Originally Posted by andywoodstick View Post
    i aliken the pre to the betamax video. Betamax was superior to vhs but collapsed as it wasnt marketed very well and vhs was.

pre is a better phone than the iphone but nobody knows about it because palm doesnt tell anybody, i have only seen 1 advert for it on telly (uk) and the app catalogue is shocking, i mean how many 'tip calculators' does a person need (none as i can work out 10%). And for uk users its even worse as most of the apps w cant even get hold of!

pre will die and its a shame cos its a good phone (mostly)
    I wouldn't tell anyone about this phone either in its current shape. I honestly can't recommend the phone to anyone I know, even though I am still using it. I may just switch back to my Hero soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    My Pre has been stock since day one, back in June. People have to realize the problem is with the OS, whether or not you have tweaks or patches.
    Just curious, why do you choose to keep your Pre stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Just curious, why do you choose to keep your Pre stock?
    Out of principal. I shouldn't (and 3rd party volunteers shouldn't) have to do Palm's work if we paid Palm for Palm's phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    out of principal. I shouldn't (and 3rd party volunteers shouldn't) have to do palm's work if we paid palm for palm's phone.
    here here to that!
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Not to steal his thunder, but DBD runs a stock Pre. He is famous for it
    yeah but dbd likes to complain just to complain...

LoL... jk
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Not to steal his thunder, but DBD runs a stock Pre. He is famous for it
    Wow, i didn't notice this post until somebody quoted you, lol.
    Don't worry, i'm cool with the thunder stealing incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by takaman View Post
    here here to that!
    Amen!
  17.    #37  
    On a POSITIVE note (who would of thought that we'd hear something positive?), I love the Touchstone!!!! I think that is the key factor here for me to not get rid of my Pre.

Thanks for everyone responding to this thread so quickly and keeping on topic, and also to those who confirmed that these problems are not due to Preware and the patches. Very relieving to know that the problems I am facing with my Pre are not my doing!

Thanks again!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    yeah but dbd likes to complain just to complain...

LoL... jk
    LoL, it depends alot on if my wife pi§§ed me off for the day or not.
    On a POSITIVE note (who would of thought that we'd hear something positive?), I love the Touchstone!!!! I think that is the key factor here for me to not get rid of my Pre.

Thanks for everyone responding to this thread so quickly and keeping on topic, and also to those who confirmed that these problems are not due to Preware and the patches. Very relieving to know that the problems I am facing with my Pre are not my doing!

Thanks again!
    That's what we're here for.
    Oh, by the way, after I posted this, I starting reading through the rest of the thread topics, and it seems that almost all of them are in some way voicing a complaint in regard to the Pre!! What is going in here? Does anyone else notice this? I can't believe the number of problems this phone is having with its users. I don't know guys, things just are not looking too good for Palm and this device.
    You'll find that any forum on the internet related to a product has mostly negative topics talking about "problems" with said product. That's what forums are for, help.

It would be strange if forums was just a place where people made threads about how great their product is working.

Don't base a product on how reliable it is based off of how many threads are about bugs and glitches.

I personally love my Pre and have no issues with it besides Oreo.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast