1.    #1  
    If so, can you share your overall thoughts? What have the pros and cons.

I currently have a Eris and I'm thinking about picking up a Pre off Craigslist. With my Eris, its hard to put in words but I like my Eris but I don't love it, if you know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    If so, can you share your overall thoughts? What have the pros and cons.

I currently have a Eris and I'm thinking about picking up a Pre off Craigslist. With my Eris, its hard to put in words but I like my Eris but I don't love it, if you know what I mean.
    My wife has the Eris, I have the Pre Plus and they both have their ups and downs. I was hoping that 1.4 would give the Pre the upper hand but it hasn't. It now looks like Android 2.1 could give the Eris the upper hand.

Battery life is an issue with both. Since 1.4 the Pre has become more sluggish. Video recording is nice but smooth operation would be better. The thing I miss the most on the Pre is a native touchscreen "qwerty" keyboard and something like a "sure touch" type touchscreen.
    I went Eris to pre back to Eris rocking the leaked 2.1. I like webos but the hardware and battery suck. If you thought the eris battery was terrible don't even bother trying the pre. The Eris feels solid. Now with 2.1, Google navigation and the apps, I like the Eris better, especially if you use Google for everything. I'm a phone junky so I wouldn't be surprised if I pick up a used pre plus again.
    Last edited by MotionxxUSxx; 03/10/2010 at 07:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I had the eris and went to the pre plus and I haven't regreted it sine!! The eris would always freeze up and making a simple phone call was always a hassle!! Pre plus all the way!!
    I was on my 29th day of my 30 day window with my my eris and could not take the slowness/laggyness anymore. I switched to the pre plus the day it came out and i absolutely love it. WebOS did it for me, in my mind its 100 x's better than the android OS. My pre plus has only lagged or frozen up like once or twice, but my eris froze up at least 10 times a day. If i were presented with the same situation again i would do the exact same thing.
    I agree that 1.5 was laggy, but 2.1 is super fast. Also, I need gps and the gps on the pre plus on verizon does not work. This is a known issue, which I can't believe has not been fixed yet.