1.    #1  
    Posted this in the patch forum, but thought I'd try a broader forum for answers.

I had a few patches installed on my Sprint Palm Pre (4x4 icons, call log, date, etc) before getting 1.4. I ran EPR to wipe the patches before installing the upgrade as I read to do.

Now I can't reinstall any patches. Using WebOS Quick Install, when I click [tools/tweaks], it says my WebOS has recently updated and asks me to transition patches. Next I get this:

"org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon is requesting to run a prerm script"

After clicking "yes" I get this error message:

ERROR: An error has occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

This brings me back to the tweak window where it immediately asks me to transition patches again. In device management, the same rogue patch shows up under patches. I click it and hit uninstall. This gets me the same error message and causes a Luna restart.

Other than not being able to install patches, my phone is working fine. I don't really want to run WebOS Doctor if I don't have to. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Jeremy
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm also having this problem. I'd rather not doctor it, any ideas?
  3.    #3  
    I was tinkering with trying to delete the folder that it kept referencing, and ending up bricking my phone. Had to doctor it. Kind of sucked...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue...anyone got a solution for this?
    I had pretty much the same problem after the update. Doctor and them Partial reset fixed it all. I didn't want to do it either but I've reinstalled Preware and everything is running great now.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I would like to know more about Doctor and partial reset. I have lost my alarm clock app and nothing will update. I unfortunately got the update by virtue of user error and did not have an opportunity to remove patches and tweaks. User error is me doing the happy click. So I deserve this pain, but I am afraid that if I do the wrong thing now I will have a really clean and new looking Pre with no names or appointments or cool paid apps or cool homebrew apps. Or won’t remember what I did have….my Pre is my memory.
    Same problem (and ran EPR too!), the culprit is the Additional days for syncing mail patch. Haven't figured it out yet and don't want to lose data by doctoring either. Is there a way to initiate the removal script via a command line to override default attributes, i.e. insert [y] where it asks if it should be applied anyway?
    ooohhh ouch, life with out patchs is no life i wanna live. hope yous guys get things strighten out soon.
    i had this problem too. just doc your pre
    Erm, we can still patch with Preware, so it's not the apocalypse quite yet!
    Not quite sure why you guys ran the EPR for 1.4, the whole idea of the new patch format was that you did not need to remove them.

I left mine in place and had a successfull upgrade
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Not quite sure why you guys ran the EPR for 1.4, the whole idea of the new patch format was that you did not need to remove them.
    That's the theory but it didn't work for me. I simply updated to 1.4 leaving the patches in place and it resulted in the exact same issue as reported above (but with a different patch).

This is how I fixed it:

I had previously updated to the latest version of QuickInstall but in a separate thread I had seen it suggested that working with the same version that you had used to initially install the tweak/patch would help to uninstall it. I didn't know specifically what version I had used to install the patches previously but I downloaded version 2.96 (you can find it here somewhere or by googling "quickinstall 2.96) and it ran without having to downgrade the WebOSDoctor.jar file. With version 2.96 I was able to get to the 'tweaks' page without encountering the error. I ran EPR to delete all patches. I then ran the latest version of QuickInstall and was able to get to the "tweaks" page and reinstall the patches.
    Running Webdr isn't that big a deal. It would most likely solve your problems as well.

If you're going to Dr it, run a full erase first from device and then WebDr it. Your phone will run much smoother and you'll have a clean install of the OS. Doesn't take long at all.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!