1.    #1  
    GDC is coming and will pass by fast with great news of the release of PDK and some games coming to the Webos, now the next anticipation for some users is the full release of the app catalog to everyone in the world. after this whats the next news? i cant recall any more global event coming later on in the coming months. I do believe something new will be announced by palm before the first half of this year and maybe some more goodies by then end of this year.

So does any body have any idea when the next upcoming information will, or what it will be. And i do know a new phone model may come out, but to which carrier?
    I don't think there are any "events", but you will hear of a new device by June.
    I say the leaks start coming out in april
  4.    #4  
    I hope so, the leaks will drive the next news. I hope it involves sprint I would hate to miss out on a new phone due to high rates of other carriers.
    i think that the new Webos device for AT&T, is going to b the new iPhone. and if the big "A" gets an exclusive(which they probably will) of this new headset, i just hope the exclusive is not longer than a month or two. i would hate to have to go back to AT&T just to get the new Webos device, since i just switched to sprint on October from AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    i think that the new Webos device for AT&T, is going to b the new iPhone. and if the big "A" gets an exclusive(which they probably will) of this new headset, i just hope the exclusive is not longer than a month or two. i would hate to have to go back to AT&T just to get the new Webos device, since i just switched to sprint on October from AT&T.
    I was thinking the same thing. AT&T will be the next sprint for Palm's newest phone, and Sprint will be the Verizon, with the upgraded phone.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. AT&T will be the next sprint for Palm's newest phone, and Sprint will be the Verizon, with the upgraded phone.
    I just don't know.. Palm's looking at a hard sell any way they slice it at this point, but they have to give SOMEONE an exclusive if they're hoping for a blitz of career advertisements.

There's Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, and I suppose T-Mobile.

AT&T has the iPhone, and is a GSM carrier. A new Palm device on AT&T would be compared directly to the latest iPhone at the point-of-sale. Palm has ONE chance to regain market share with this next device, and I just don't think they'll be treading this line for their flagship with an iPhone revision on the horizon. They will market the Pre+ and Pixi+ to satisfy those looking for a "lesser" device.

T-mobile is also GSM, Small, and has the flagship Nexus One. I doubt they'll be considered.

Sprint is just too small, and many still blame Sprint for WebOS failing to grab an early foothold when the market was less competitive. After the initial Sprint launch disaster, I doubt the stockholders would even allow it to carry another exclusive so early. They'll also grab the Pre+ and Pixi+ instead.

Verizon is their best bet for a timed exclusive. Verizon has spent tens of Millions of dollars on their "Droid" branding (Not the device itself, but the branding). Any new Palm device would face similar challenges as it does today, but...

...The Droid itself will be old-hat in 6 months, and I honestly don't have faith in Motorola following up. I generally consider the Droid an accidental hit. The stars aligned for Motorola, it was an effective form factor, and Verizon HEAVILY advertised it. But if you stand back and look at their overall line-up, it's not great. In fact, they all seem to have a vague hint of second-rate Chinese knockoff design.. Or am I way, way off? In addition, the stock Android OS is neither as impressive or intuitive as WebOS/iPhone. (Please don't take these comments as nutty fan-talk. I consider myself to be level-minded and fair in my opinions and do realize that others may have a wildly different analysis)

If Palm really puts in the effort to retool their ads, educate the sales staff, and sends their employees out once more during launch to give customer demonstrations... they might make it work.
    Last edited by Sayo; 03/10/2010 at 05:09 AM.
    More waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    the biggest show this month is the CTIA at the end of this month. It's big enough for palm to unveil a new phone at but that's just a rumor.