1.    #1  
    who here likes windows vista? who also likes windows 7 using aero? you do realize aero using the processor causes battery life to die much quicker on notebooks then say windows xp. same with 1.3 and 1.4 . the app launching with that card flashes before its going to open and spikes the processor for longer period of time till the app is finally open full mode vs. just short interval of time opened fully.

1.3= windows vista
    1.4=windows 7 64 bit with aero

just sent my laptop to repair to have the battery replaced and hard ware problems but read a few days later people complained with windows 7 64 bit killing batterys much quicker then vista or xp

thank you mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    who here likes windows vista? who also likes windows 7 using aero? you do realize aero using the processor causes battery life to die much quicker on notebooks then say windows xp. same with 1.3 and 1.4 . the app launching with that card flashes before its going to open and spikes the processor for longer period of time till the app is finally open full mode vs. just short interval of time opened fully.

1.3= windows vista
    1.4=windows 7 64 bit with aero

just sent my laptop to repair to have the battery replaced and hard ware problems but read a few days later people complained with windows 7 64 bit killing batterys much quicker then vista or xp
    I think it might be related to the new patches that automaticly check for updates, cause i'm pretty sure my battery life has slightly improved.
    battery life is actually better for me with 1.4.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    So what you are saying... ... ...you know what? Nevermind...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    My dad has one patch installed... and his battery has been dying like no other.
    So I doubt it's the patches constantly looking for updates.
    You comparison with windows 7 and windows vista sucks as windows 7 has better battery life in many cases.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    My battery lasts longer since the 1.4 update. Original Pre from June 09. No patches, no themes, no preware.
    wait so some people say battery life is good for them and some say it isn't? I'm surprised I haven't seen other post about this...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    My battery life has improved...and actually it's improved a lot.

My office is in the middle of our building, and it might as well be a cave. I sit around 0-1 bar all day in here. Because of this, my phone gets worse battery life then normal. Since 1.4, I can make it through the whole work day before I need to plug it in. It wasn't like this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    the app launching with that card flashes before its going to open and spikes the processor for longer period of time till the app is finally open full mode
    And what proof do you have of the CPU spiking other than your assumption that it is? If you could show proof of this, I might buy it, but otherwise I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I think it might be related to the new patches that automaticly check for updates, cause i'm pretty sure my battery life has slightly improved.
    What new patches that automatically check for updates? Are you speaking of AUPT? If so, you are mistaken, they do not automatically search for updates. If you are not speaking of AUPT, I've never heard of patches automagically looking for updates and would like to hear more.
    Another vote for improved battery life with 1.4. I especially notice it during the rare times I leave the phone alone for a little bit. From about 6-8% on idle to 2% on idle.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I don't understand why people complain about battery life on these smart phones. They're designed to use constant data wether your using it or not. How does your email magically appear w/o manual push? How does contacts, programs, calendar entries etc magically re-appear after doctoring? If you don't have an extended battery get used to always charging your device. I have 3 chargers, one at home, work and in the car.
    Improved battery life all around here.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yea I agree! I don't buy it for a min when someone says I made a few texts a couple calls and email and no web and I'm down to 20% after a few hours.. Straight up bs, the way I use my pre now, it's like a netbook with a smaller screen. I'm on it right now, and use it for a lot of my surfing and reallyonly use my comp to streeam things to my xbox. Soi know my battery is going to get drained, I keep my charger with me always.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesrjr View Post
    yea I agree! I don't buy it for a min when someone says I made a few texts a couple calls and email and no web and I'm down to 20% after a few hours.. Straight up bs, the way I use my pre now, it's like a netbook with a smaller screen. I'm on it right now, and use it for a lot of my surfing and reallyonly use my comp to streeam things to my xbox. Soi know my battery is going to get drained, I keep my charger with me always.
    I've actually seen this behavior on my phone. I figure its some app misbehaving so I reboot.
    yeaaaah seriously. ...

my battery life almost doubled with the patch

I went from charging at lunch time every day to making it through the whole day
    my battery life is awesome. It improves with every update..