Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    i get the error when using NFS and browsing. i
    also i think its important to mention that the yanks (you) get more from your pre than the international lot.

we don't get pandora, navigation etc. Which for some is important, so to the OP you should also keep that in mind, as you will get even less as you'll be an unofficial gsm user.

also at relic, the pre doesn't have "live" cards,so the memory should be able to manage itself.....in theory at least.....which is why i find it annoying that i can't play a game and stop to do something else quickly (multitask)
    Actually I'm a cubs fan I hate the yanks. But anyways, you are right that international webos users are less fortunate in the apps than the US users right now. They are making paid apps available to international users by the end of march though.

Like I said before...I would wait for Palms next device. Hopefully, they will release it wordwide, probably not though. But I think webos is the best OS out there right now. and I dont think its close either.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    i get the error when using NFS and browsing. i
    also i think its important to mention that the yanks (you) get more from your pre than the international lot.

we don't get pandora, navigation etc. Which for some is important, so to the OP you should also keep that in mind, as you will get even less as you'll be an unofficial gsm user.

also at relic, the pre doesn't have "live" cards,so the memory should be able to manage itself.....in theory at least.....which is why i find it annoying that i can't play a game and stop to do something else quickly (multitask)
    What do you mean the pre doesn't have live cards? It's simply that most game developers choose to pause their cards when you minimize. It usually makes sense to pause the game but not always. I love preopoly (homebrew monopoly) because I can surf the web while the cpu takes its turn rolling the dice. And you can 'play a game and stop to do something else quickly'. The videos I linked above to prove that.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    the smartphone round robin articles are good. However, these fan made pre videos really show off real life use of the pre. Both some good and some bad.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...ebos-here.html
    Thx for the videos, some of them are really good! The performance seems acceptable in these videos, is it really what an average user gets?
    Another question, how's the audio quality on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    performance looked like what I get on my pre and I'm just running a stock pre. Keep in mind that the more heavy ram apps you run, the harder it is to multitask smoothly. So it will depend on what apps you're running. The pre plus has 512mb for really heavy multitasking.

audio quality is fine imo. Someone with quality head phones can better answer though.
    my last phone was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, i had slight issues with it and was offered a replacement which i had to choose between a couple of blackberry's or a pre.
    i'm not a fan of the blackberrys so thought i'd give the pre a chance.

my thoughts on it are the keyboard is the worst i've ever experienced, like really bad, its annoying trying to type text messages or whatever else i'm trying to input.
    the build quality seems poor but to be fair, i've had no issues with it yet.

the software and gui, i'm loving, so much nicer than the windows interface i was use to.

would i recommend one? if you can look passed the keyboard then yes, its quite good.
    i do miss Sony's build quality though.
    yes and no. Yes you an do different things at the same time, BUT if yiu run need for speed and then try to surf the web, in minutes it will tell you close an app (lack of memory).

as Vas saud, try before you buy.....if you don't like if after you buy it, then what? If you get a faulty unit or a unit that develops a fault, then what?

and yes the pre has a higher than average failure rate, hence the 2 year warranty in the UK.
    I agree with the memory issue. Sometimes I have to reboot Luna to get my memory back.

If you getting the unit from O2 I think they give you 15 days to stop your contract and 30 days to swap your unit.

As for the 2yr warranty I don't think its due to the fault rate. They gave out 2yrs before ppl had issues with it. It is a standard period on mobile devices. Sony gives 2yr warranty too for example and whenever I had issues I sent my phone directly to them not to Vodafone.

I hope this helps
    Vas
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12