1.    #1  
    Hello PreCentral Community!

I have a question that's been bugging me and I can't seem to find the answer in any threads or websites. I am Korean and frequently go to Korean websites and view Korean texts fine on my Palm Pre for Sprint. I was wondering however if it is possible to send Korean texts (SMS) to another phone that supports Korean as well?

Like if I were to send an SMS in Korean to an iPhone user...would they be able to see the Korean text?

or if I were to send an SMS in Korean, to a friend that's in Korea, would they be able to see the Korean text as well?

If you could help me out that would be great!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thats depends on if you able to write Korean in Palm Pre ...
    If your able to read Korean text on Pre then any SMS you forward or send to another Korean enabled Phone will be readable.

But how your gonna write an SMS in Korean language on Pre if you dont have a Korean Keyboard or Korean On-Screen Virtual Keyboard?!!!
    I am sorry to inform you the following. . . I have tried sending messages in japanese. . I have a japanese input method that I downloaded thanks to the help of some user but unfortunately my messages appear as a blank message in other phones. . The message was sent to an iphone and then the iphone user sent me a message in japanese and all I got was gibberish. . . Could this be a network problem or the software itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    I am sorry to inform you the following. . . I have tried sending messages in japanese. . I have a japanese input method that I downloaded thanks to the help of some user but unfortunately my messages appear as a blank message in other phones. . The message was sent to an iphone and then the iphone user sent me a message in japanese and all I got was gibberish. . . Could this be a network problem or the software itself?
    I'm getting the same thing... Iphone user can send me a text with different letters (αγκδηβ for example) and all I get is blank.

So basically we can't send different scripts thru sms so I think it might be a network (cdma) limitation... I'm not an expert so I posted in another thread...
    i have the same problem when I'm using goggle translator to convert from English to Korean, it will show up on my pre conversation list as Korean, but on the other persons phone it will be nothing but just "_ _ _ _ _ _"