Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    i know a little bit off topic but with mytether, does it connect the same as moble hotspot or can it only connect using bluetooth or usb? thanks
    i want to buy this but i dont have bluetooth on my laptop and i dont want to carry a cable around lol
    It connects through USB or WiFi, some users have had success getting Bluetooth tethering to work, I have never tired it. there are instructions @ myther.net

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Fussnfeathers....the app works like a charm. I am able to tether up with it...vpn into work..and run lots of remote desktop apps' to support clients when on the run...never any issues. Do keep in mind though that this is not an 'official' app. So that means that usually whenever a new webos update comes out..its very likely that it will break part or all of mytether. The developer is usually pretty good about updates shortly there after. Well worth the donation in my opinion. Just for your FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hello. I paid the donation. I think I paid it twice, actually. I just can't seem to get it installed. As smart as I thought I was, the SDK instructions don't make sense to me, and that appears to be required before I can actually install MyTether.

Am I that ********, or is this really as complicated for a non-Linux person that's been using a Centro for several years?

Either way, please don't flame me.
    You should be able to look into your paypal account to see if you paid it twice. If you did, you might want to consider asking for a refund.

What you need to do is download the SDK from palm. Then install it. (if you are using a Mac, you do not need the SDK, but will have to install navocom, which is included in the MyTether installer)

you do not need virtual box for mytether install

then download the MyTether installer for your OS, Put the device into developer mode, and install using install tool.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    thanks, so it does work wireless and not using bluetooth cause that is what i need. do u guys ever wonder if this app gets broken and he just leaves the app after we paid all that money?? i think that is part of the reason for the "donation" so we cant try to get any money back from paypal or our credit card companies
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman007 View Post
    Fussnfeathers....the app works like a charm. I am able to tether up with it...vpn into work..and run lots of remote desktop apps' to support clients when on the run...never any issues. Do keep in mind though that this is not an 'official' app. So that means that usually whenever a new webos update comes out..its very likely that it will break part or all of mytether. The developer is usually pretty good about updates shortly there after. Well worth the donation in my opinion. Just for your FYI.
    That being said, it is a solid piece of software, 1.4 broke several "official" apps that are in the catalog.

I doubt if we will ever see MyTether in the official Palm Catalog.

Well, I ran MyTether install. It says it was installed. Now what? I don't see any new launch icon on my pre or on my start menu (Windows7-32bit).

What do I do now?

Thanks!
    thanks, so it does work wireless and not using bluetooth cause that is what i need. do u guys ever wonder if this app gets broken and he just leaves the app after we paid all that money?? i think that is part of the reason for the "donation" so we cant try to get any money back from paypal or our credit card companies
    I have heard that it is hit & miss on bluetooth.

From mytether.net

Bluetooth Tethering
    The report is that after you enable USB Tethering in My Tether, you can pair your machine to the Pre using Bluetooth PAN and tethering will work over Bluetooth.

As far as loosing you money, it is home-brew, and donation-ware. so I would say scenario is possible, but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    You should be able to look into your paypal account to see if you paid it twice. If you did, you might want to consider asking for a refund.

What you need to do is download the SDK from palm. Then install it. (if you are using a Mac, you do not need the SDK, but will have to install navocom, which is included in the MyTether installer)

you do not need virtual box for mytether install

then download the MyTether installer for your OS, Put the device into developer mode, and install using install tool.

No interest in a refund. If I can get it to work, I'll happily donate again and again. I just don't know what to do next. I am in developer mode, and the install dialog says that MyTether was installed. Now what?

And how do I know about Java on my pre? I tried issuing the java command from the QuickInstall command prompt and it said I don't have Java on the Pre. I know I have it working on my PC, and I thought the Pre had Java on it from the factory...

Now what?
    Well, I ran MyTether install. It says it was installed. Now what? I don't see any new launch icon on my pre or on my start menu (Windows7-32bit).

What do I do now?

Thanks!
    Turn off Developer Mode, this should restart your device, the icon should appear upon restart. if not, check in preware or WOSQI to see if the service and app are listed.

by the way, what does virtual box do?
    it is VM-ware, it is an emulator for Linux, ubuntu, MacOS, Win, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Turn off Developer Mode, this should restart your device, the icon should appear upon restart. if not, check in preware or WOSQI to see if the service and app are listed.
    Then will I see an icon? Do I need to turn off developer mode to use it? I tend to leave it in developer mode so I can avoid the 5 minute reboot when I'm fooling around with themes or tweaks.

I appreciate your help. Let me know if I am looking for an icon on my Pre, etc.

I thought I was really a geek, but I have to say that my lack of Linux experience seems to be making this sound harder than it probably is...
    ok last question,sorry i looked on the website but i didn't find an answer, does this app allow u to connect multiple devices at a time like moble hotspot?
    OK, I turned deve mode back off and reset the phone (I was able to eat dinner during the looooong restart). Now what? I don't see any icons to click, etc. What am I looking for, and where?

Thansk!
    ok last question,sorry i looked on the website but i didn't find an answer, does this app allow u to connect multiple devices at a time like moble hotspot?
    I'm pretty sure it only lets you connect one PC, like the old Verizon tethering feature worked...
    I'm pretty sure it only lets you connect one PC, like the old Verizon tethering feature worked...
    No, both MHS and Mytether let you connect multiple devices.

MHS limited you to five, I am not sure about MyTether, I know you can connect multiple device not sure if there is a limit or what it is.

There should be an Icon in your launcher that looks like this. if not check WOSQI>device management. Look for the Mytether app and service.

As far as Dev Mode, I leave it off I do most of my patching through PreWare so I don't have to go in and out of Dev Mode. Search the forums on Dev Mode, thee are multiple post with options both ways.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    yea, more than one device.
    does anyone know if mytether still affects the phones ability to connct to other wireless networks?
    or if it still affects the use of the camera?
    Has webos internals finally approved the app?
    thanks.
    I use "My Tether" daily, and it's great! The "donation" is well worth it. Too bad for the suckers at Verizon, they have to pay $40 every month!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    yea, more than one device.
    does anyone know if mytether still affects the phones ability to connct to other wireless networks?
    or if it still affects the use of the camera?
    Has webos internals finally approved the app?
    thanks.
    Yes, it turns off WiFi while tethering, you have to manually turn it back on.
    No, the camera works fine
    Yes, http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-mytether.html

Quote Originally Posted by tacvwdriver View Post
    I use "My Tether" daily, and it's great! The "donation" is well worth it. Too bad for the suckers at Verizon, they have to pay $40 every month!
    Are you telling me MyTether wont work on Verizon? I'm one of those suckers trying to make it work so I don't have to pay $40...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast