Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Yes, I am concerned. I don't like not getting what I paid for. Is that so difficult to understand? The car's a Volvo. I've had two, and know several people who have one. I spent the extra money because my last one was 21 years old with over 200k miles on it, still ran strong. That's a heck of a lot better than my brother in law who spent 12k on his car and had to scrap it after just 80k miles. And no, I'm not bragging. It's going to take me six years to pay this thing off.

Now, do you have any constructive advice, or do you just feel like flaming today?
    Lets do some basic math. Perfect for my first post. So you're expecting 200,000 miles out of a $45k car. If you bought two $12k cars and got 80k out of each, that's 160,000 miles for $24k. You could buy a third $12k car and get 240,000 miles and still have $7k left over to buy apps like mytether. That will be all.
    Quote Originally Posted by simmeth View Post
    Lets do some basic math. Perfect for my first post. So you're expecting 200,000 miles out of a $45k car. If you bought two $12k cars and got 80k out of each, that's 160,000 miles for $24k. You could buy a third $12k car and get 240,000 miles and still have $7k left over to buy apps like mytether. That will be all.
    But that's not including registration and insurance He would probably break even.
    I thought I had the new installer, but after a few failed attempts it seems as if I don't. Can someone post up the new installer?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrin View Post
    So is everyone saying that mytether no longer requires the patch that killed the camera? Does it affect the phones ability to connect to other wireless networks?
    I have used it in the past, but when i got my replacement phone i didn't install it because it was so glitchy. It affected the camera and the ability to establish a stable connection to a wireless router. That was just prior to 1.4.
    Is it now able to be installed on preware or web os install? Is web os internals giving it their blessing, because before they were not. Not at all. Whenever i would post a concern on the donor "phorum" it was never responded to from Aonic...which was all kinda a turn off.
    If those issues are gone I sure would like to hear so. It was hell when it was well, just seemed to get sick alot.

Who cares about what car it is? Totally off topic from original post.
    Can anyone confirm any of the concerns listed above.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Clarification please: I would like to pay for and use this app, but when I checked the homebrew app forum it looks like the instructions haven't been updated (the post date was July 2009). Are there updated instructions available? Where should I get the latest version of the app? Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    I thought I had the new installer, but after a few failed attempts it seems as if I don't. Can someone post up the new installer?
    The newest installer is at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

If you paid the "donation" of $15, which I am so tired of hearing about, It has been discussed several times on the forums. It is a price tag, pay it or get over it.

then you should have access to the "donors only" portion of the forums om mytether.

Anyone who posts the links or shares the software should be banned. Like it or not, it is Aonic property, and closed to re-distribution. Plus you are undermining all of us who actually paid the $15, so the software can be further improved.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    you pay the 15 just once and then you get good support the program works like an charm its just great. specially with 1.4 and it seems faster mytether in generally then mobile hotstop and such. well worth it. its great. you have to to someinstalling on your laptop and stuff but isnt to hard and after that installing you can pretty much use program you have installed to get the mythether to your pre forever every update will use the same program so you just do all the installing on your computer/laptop once and again mytether is great.
    The only problem I have with it is the data used display. It is printing bytes labeled as MBs. So in 2 seconds of connecting, I have used 1234567 MBs.

Paid version works great for me on Sprint Pre 1.4. And my car only cost $5k.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just donated, so calm down can it be downloaded via preware? I haven't received the email with instructions yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Roymus View Post
    I just donated, so calm down can it be downloaded via preware? I haven't received the email with instructions yet
    Easiest way is to use the Windows .exe that is provided. Put the Pre in Dev mode, connect to computer and run the program. Done.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roymus View Post
    You will, did you create a forum name for mytether yet? you have to have a user-name/password to access the donor only portion of the forum.

The installers are the first few posts on the forums. They are operating system dependent. All download links and instructions are posted there as well.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 03/12/2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added additional info.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    But that's not including registration and insurance He would probably break even.
    Ya but that's 3 new cars compared to one.... And registration is no were near 7k for 3 cars...

And the insurance on a 45k car is more than on a 12k so he would save on insurance..
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I tried, got the following message:

The email address you entered is listed with a currently registered user. If you are that user, please login. Otherwise, please use another email address.

I *am* that user, but I can't log in, and I haven't received an email yet. Not too concerned yet, but I can see why this thread was started...I'm not getting a warm fuzzy here...
    I donated and have been successfully running the app for a few weeks without any issues. I would say take a chance, donate, and enjoy the benefits. The developer has a simple installation process and just think about what you're getting in the end. Even if the app breaks with future updates, the developer seems to be really on top of things. I think you will be satisfied with the minor out of pocket investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Easiest way is to use the Windows .exe that is provided. Put the Pre in Dev mode, connect to computer and run the program. Done.
    What about Mac users?
    You may try this
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    What about Mac users?
    there is an installer for win/mac/ubuntu

i know a little bit off topic but with mytether, does it connect the same as moble hotspot or can it only connect using bluetooth or usb? thanks
    i want to buy this but i dont have bluetooth on my laptop and i dont want to carry a cable around lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    The newest installer is at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

If you paid the "donation" of $15, which I am so tired of hearing about, It has been discussed several times on the forums. It is a price tag, pay it or get over it.

then you should have access to the "donors only" portion of the forums om mytether.

Anyone who posts the links or shares the software should be banned. Like it or not, it is Aonic property, and closed to re-distribution. Plus you are undermining all of us who actually paid the $15, so the software can be further improved.
    Hello. I paid the donation. I think I paid it twice, actually. I just can't seem to get it installed. As smart as I thought I was, the SDK instructions don't make sense to me, and that appears to be required before I can actually install MyTether.

Am I that ********, or is this really as complicated for a non-Linux person that's been using a Centro for several years?

Either way, please don't flame me.
    It worked fine for me the first time, thankfully. Unfortunately, on my iPod Touch, it's slooooow. Like 75kbps both ways. Haven't tried it on my laptop yet.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast