Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Not ANOTHER battery life thread...just a quick question for you Pre gurus. I've noticed since the 1.4 upgrade that the carrier string or whatever (top left corner), which used to say "Sprint" pretty much all the time, now says "Searching" when I'm at the office. Reception in the office has always been poorer than outside (no surprise), but it never said "Searching" pre 1.4. I'm wondering if the 1.4 upgrade changes the way the phone "searches" for Sprint service and results in additional power drain...or maybe it's just wishful thinking. Thoughts?
    seriously doubt it
    I also don't think it has anything to do with it. I've left my phone in airplane mode and I've seen almost 4%/hr drain. I've seen it less than 1%/hr drain in airplane mode before 1.4

There is more going on. I've been able to bump mine from 14%/hr to about 5-6%hr by doing a backup reset and a PRL update.

I think there is some kind of bug in 1.4 that Palm missed that causes the bad battery drain.

I'm living with it now until Palm comes out with an update to see if that fixes the issues.
    And I don't mean to be a jerk, but my battery life just got waaay better with 1.4.

But I'm right down town here in a big city. I think they may have changed the code to affect poor signals.

I only bring this up to say it's a really weird bug that might have something to do with a poor signal.
    I find myself roaming @ home sometimes now, when I had evdo @ home before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And I don't mean to be a jerk, but my battery life just got waaay better with 1.4.

But I'm right down town here in a big city. I think they may have changed the code to affect poor signals.

I only bring this up to say it's a really weird bug that might have something to do with a poor signal.
    I could have written this post word for word. I live in Baltimore, which is a well-covered Sprint "test" city. I'm having issues with manitaining a 3G connection in places I KNOW I should be getting 3G.

My battery doesnt seem to suck post 1.4 either btw.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I've been having poor battery life since the update also. So I've tried playing with a bunch of settings and have found that, if I keep bluetooth turned off when not in use, my battery life is much better.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Update your network settings and PRL Settings
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Mine is absolutely horrible after this update. My PRL is the most updated version.

Jason
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFWD1934 View Post
    Mine is absolutely horrible after this update. My PRL is the most updated version.

Jason
    What is the current prl setting?