1.    #1  
    It is sooo solid that it doesn't wobble! Mine does very little which I got mine in Oct 2009. I can tell Palm put in quite a bit of effort in QC area now. Good for you Palm.
    my most recent pre (january) also has no oreo and to begin with the slider was even a little too tight
    i doubt they fixed anything, it's new anyways so why would it wobble, and also haven't you heard,

looking for oreo effect causes oreo effect.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Don't twist it and you may never have the oreo effect
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Not sure about any QC at Palm....

I'm just got my 3rd replacement PRE from Palm directly & this one is going back tomorrow. The first 2 had the oreo twist & had some hardware\software issue were it wouldn't even allow me to start the phone even after doctoring them. The 3rd was beautiful with a rock solid body, but when i tried to log into my profile. It froze & just showed the palm logo forever. I tried doctoring that one too.

Now waiting on a call from Palm Tech level 3 to see whats the next step.

I swear I'm cursed......
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp74 View Post
    Not sure about any QC at Palm....

I'm just got my 3rd replacement PRE from Palm directly & this one is going back tomorrow. The first 2 had the oreo twist & had some hardware\software issue were it wouldn't even allow me to start the phone even after doctoring them. The 3rd was beautiful with a rock solid body, but when i tried to log into my profile. It froze & just showed the palm logo forever. I tried doctoring that one too.

Now waiting on a call from Palm Tech level 3 to see whats the next step.

I swear I'm cursed......
    Just a silly question....did you try a battery pull?
    I got my Pre in Oct 09 as well and I literally got the oreo effect when I left the store into my car, when I sat down and started using it I noticed it.
    I came back to the pre nation and got a refurb and it has absolutely no wobble at all. Feb 10th was the refurb date. The phone is like brand new.
    I've had my Pre since July. No wobble and use the slider a lot. Of course, I don't force it to make a point and don't sit on it.
    6 months and no oreo.
    I have a super slight one. I think it's because the radioshack guy dropped it opening the box.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Just a silly question....did you try a battery pull?

Yes, no difference...

Just the Palm Logo for what seems to be an eternity...