Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was talking to my wife about the messaging application, she is frustrated with the application not having a resend option. It currently only has a forward option, whereas you have to click forward and then reselect the users name and then click send.

It would be cool if you could just click the message and it gives you the option to resend in the list with forward, forward to email, copy text, delete.

if anyone else would like a resend option post up here about it and hopefully someone with more knowledge could help us out.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    all youve gotta do is tap it select copy text then paste it in the text area to send it
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    all youve gotta do is tap it select copy text then paste it in the text area to send it
    other phones have a resend option, it really should be a 1 step process. What I am looking for is a resend option that when selected it automatically does the 5 step process in 1.

but thanks for your input.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Try adding this feedback to palm's feedback page. I agree this was wonderful functionality I used on my old Centro...mostly when a message failed to send the first time.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Or you could "forward" it to that contact. It doesn't show up as a "Fwd"...not sure why.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    other phones have a resend option, it really should be a 1 step process. What I am looking for is a resend option that when selected it automatically does the 5 step process in 1.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post

Ive had this option on most of my phones..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I would like a resend option but it's not a deal breaker for me. There are games that some of our radio stations that you can enter multiple times and it would be good for that but that's the only time I can see I really need a resend function for texts.
    click on the yellow exclamation and it says resend doesn't it? So if your text message doesn't go through, you get the notification and the yellow triangle with the exclamation, right, in the messaging app, just tap that and you get an option to resend...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    click on the yellow exclamation and it says resend doesn't it? So if your text message doesn't go through, you get the notification and the yellow triangle with the exclamation, right, in the messaging app, just tap that and you get an option to resend...
    I believe you are right on this... The only thing is sometimes when we send text to family and friends they say they did not get it, which I have seen they have not gotten in the past but when i have resent them the long way they then receive it the 2nd time around. So I just figured a resend would be good.

I know it's not a deal breaker but its a great function to have.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Try adding this feedback to palm's feedback page. I agree this was wonderful functionality I used on my old Centro...mostly when a message failed to send the first time.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    That sounds good... I'll add it and thanks for the link.

EDITED:
    It is done... But it would still be nice to see it sooner then palms current output rate. But I'm not gonna get picky about it.
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/09/2010 at 10:25 PM.

maybe someone can develop a patch?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    maybe someone can develop a patch?
    That was my point.

Stop being lazy...copy the text and paste it lol. I wish i can download videos sent to me via sms though. That would be awesome.
    Actually, unless only mine is a rare horse, mine will resend... when you check and it says it hasnt sent theres a little yellow triangle on the message. you have to touch right on it and it'll pop up a resend option. then just press resend .

I've tried to recreate a failed message for the last couple of minutes to take some screen shots but wouldnt you guess it I actually have full bars right now and cant find a way to make the messaging app fail in sending a message lol... well if I get a chance and it happens I'll post the screen shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Stop being lazy...copy the text and paste it lol. I wish i can download videos sent to me via sms though. That would be awesome.
    you cant copy them directly on your Pre while on the phone but if you get one you want to have

1. hook up your phone and access it thru usb
    2. look for I believe .ATTACHMENTS or MMS it should be attachments (sorry not by my usb wire so cant tell you for sure)
    3. go through the folders within it and in each folder there will be pics and the videos sent to you

they're all numbered and dont go by name so you'll have to dig. then drag and drop the video into either your video folder in your Pre or desktop and
    BAM you have the video at your disposal.

I've done this a couple times when my female friends have sent me nice video they want me to keepsake

*also if you accidently erase the videos by swiping them away in the message app there is a chance, but not guaranteed that there will always is one, you still might be able to find the video in one of these folder since the Pre only cleans these so often and so quickly.
    Last edited by OverLordOfYou; 03/14/2010 at 05:23 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    Actually, unless only mine is a rare horse, mine will resend... when you check and it says it hasnt sent theres a little yellow triangle on the message. you have to touch right on it and it'll pop up a resend option. then just press resend .

I've tried to recreate a failed message for the last couple of minutes to take some screen shots but wouldnt you guess it I actually have full bars right now and cant find a way to make the messaging app fail in sending a message lol... well if I get a chance and it happens I'll post the screen shots.
    everyone's does that... What i was refering to was those times when it sends on my end but does not actually get delivered on the recipient end. So therefore I would have no yellow triangle.

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    It's not being lazy it's being efficient.

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by OverLordO**** View Post
    you cant copy them directly on your Pre while on the phone but if you get one you want to have

1. hook up your phone and access it thru usb
    2. look for I believe .ATTACHMENTS or MMS it should be attachments (sorry not by my usb wire so cant tell you for sure)
    3. go through the folders within it and in each folder there will be pics and the videos sent to you

they're all numbered and dont go by name so you'll have to dig. then drag and drop the video into either your video folder in your Pre or desktop and
    BAM you have the video at your disposal.

I've done this a couple times when my female friends have sent me nice video they want me to keepsake

*also if you accidently erase the videos by swiping them away in the message app there is a chance, but not guaranteed that there will always is one, you still might be able to find the video in one of these folder since the Pre only cleans these so often and so quickly.
    Good call, I knew that was there too, but he has another valid idea... All things that we could have to make the phone more efficient and better for the user experience.

20.    #20  
    So... Can any dev's make a patch for this option, obviously Palm isn't bothered with the app/patch approval process.

?????
    Last edited by demetry14; 04/16/2010 at 09:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast