1.    #1  
    I have been trying to set my ring tones but when I went to listen to my sound of choice it did not play I had to call once I choice the song to see if it actually had saved it as my ring tone. Anyone have this problem or Fix I have rebooted and Dr. but no change.
    I had this problem when I updated to 1.4 - I couldn't preview sounds anymore.

I did a Full Erase and ran WebOS Doctor and it worked after that.
  3.    #3  
    I am currently doing full erase i will keep you updated if it worked.
    It could be a problem with the way the device updated. You may have to do the webOS doctor to set the phone back to factory.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I didn't have this issue after I updated to 1.4. Ringtones preview worked as expected
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have this problem too. Bought the Pre at Sprint...brought it home and updated before I did anything else. Now, I can't hear any ringtones.

I don't have a ton of stuff on the Pre yet but am stil gun shy about putting it back to factory settings...need to get the tools I guess.

At least I know there is a solution.

Side note. Do either of you with the sound problem have an issue with Sprint Navigator. Mine seems to do everything right except navigate...i.e. you enter all the info...it says it loads the route date...then nothing. frozen. Just curious to see if they are linked.

Thanks

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    I have this problem too. Bought the Pre at Sprint...brought it home and updated before I did anything else. Now, I can't hear any ringtones.

I don't have a ton of stuff on the Pre yet but am stil gun shy about putting it back to factory settings...need to get the tools I guess.

At least I know there is a solution.

Side note. Do either of you with the sound problem have an issue with Sprint Navigator. Mine seems to do everything right except navigate...i.e. you enter all the info...it says it loads the route date...then nothing. frozen. Just curious to see if they are linked.

Thanks

Skigs
    I don't know if they're linked but I had the same problem. Purchased the phone and used it for a bit. Everything worked. Updated to 1.4 and couldn't preview ringtones or use navigator (wouldnt initialize). I doctored my phone back to 1.3.5 and then to 1.4 and both worked. Try that. Let us know if that works.
  8.    #8  
    I tried it all and no hope still can't listen to my tones. It is bugging the S out of me.
    you're updating from 1.3.5 to 1.4 via webOS doctor and not OTA correct?
    I am having a new fun sound problem. When listening to music on pandora and I get a notification it makes a horrible choppy sound instead of my notification sound. Haven't rebooted yet, hopefully that will "fix it."
  11.    #11  
    I have no idea I just do the doctor and as soon as it comes back I do the update.
  12.    #12  
    I will be going to Sprint Today and see if I can get a Replacement or get this matter resolved
    some of these problems are mostly resolved with a reset.

most of my issues were resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I am having a new fun sound problem. When listening to music on pandora and I get a notification it makes a horrible choppy sound instead of my notification sound. Haven't rebooted yet, hopefully that will "fix it."
    Reboot didn't fix it...and its not just when pandora is playing, all my notifications make the same horrible busted noise. UGH!
    Reboot didn't fix it...and its not just when pandora is playing, all my notifications make the same horrible busted noise. UGH!
    did you try to change the notification and see if its still persists?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    did you try to change the notification and see if its still persists?
    Thanks for the suggestion but regretfully I did try that. It previews fine, but when it actually fires its always that same funky noise regardless of the sound I choose. I even tried a builtin short ringer that came with 1.4.

The real funky thing is it worked this morning. I got one text, normal sound, got another text a few seconds later and its busted. It's stayed busted.

My next step will probably be to remove the SMS Tone per contact and see if that slicks it up. I oooohhh so don't want to doctor. Took me weeks to get this phone right where I want it. I'd be quite remiss to start over again.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem - only it didn't start when I updated, it just started randomly today.

Yesterday I had no problem previewing the sounds, today I wanted to change my ringtone and get no preview sound, no ringtone when I get calls, AND no sound when I try to play music from the music player.

However, system sounds work fine - for instance when I get a text message or a spaz update. Pandora plays music fine. Even my alarm plays music ... just no ringtones or music player. I am baffled, perplexed and even vexed! Help?
    Thanks for the suggestion but regretfully I did try that. It previews fine, but when it actually fires its always that same funky noise regardless of the sound I choose. I even tried a builtin short ringer that came with 1.4.

The real funky thing is it worked this morning. I got one text, normal sound, got another text a few seconds later and its busted. It's stayed busted.

My next step will probably be to remove the SMS Tone per contact and see if that slicks it up. I oooohhh so don't want to doctor. Took me weeks to get this phone right where I want it. I'd be quite remiss to start over again.
    Twilight Phone. The issue went away as suddenly as it began. Had one notification all screwy, the next came in fine.