Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have come across a problem in 1.4 that I cannot find using the search function. If someone can direct me to the thread, I would be appreciative, but I've done searches using "cannot open app", "app error", etc.

In summary, randomly, when I try to open a "built in" app, like webrowser or email, I cannot open it. Instead, I get a screen that gives me the program info (version number, etc.). If it's an installed app, like epocrates, it asks me if I want to delete it and version number/info.

The only way out of this mode so far is to reset the phone. This has happened to me twice in the past week, and I cannot link it to a specific app or anything I did. Is there something triggering this "mode", and is there a way out of it without having to do what feels like a 10 minute reset?

Thanks in advance.
    It sounds like your Orange (or White, if you're a Verizon user) key is sticking. The screen you're describing usually appears when you perform Orange-Tap.

Next time it happens, try clicking the Orange/White key a few times to see if it got stuck.