Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Has there been anyone that has had this work?

I bought this case (Amazon.com: Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector for Palm PRE: Cell Phones & Service) and it snaps on like the other cases. I'm wondering if the snap on bottom is what created my oreo effect. I removed the case, and now there is virtually no oreo, but with it on, there is a noticable twist to it.

Has anyone had a similar cause and effect? Also, does the twist get much worse with use?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantdunivan View Post
    Has there been anyone that has had this work?

I bought this case (Amazon.com: Black Rubber Feel Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector for Palm PRE: Cell Phones & Service) and it snaps on like the other cases. I'm wondering if the snap on bottom is what created my oreo effect. I removed the case, and now there is virtually no oreo, but with it on, there is a noticable twist to it.

Has anyone had a similar cause and effect? Also, does the twist get much worse with use?
    whats an Oreo effect without a Twist???
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Nope. I have had 3 of these phones, and ALL of them have oreo'd to some degree. its just plain old slider overextention type wear. I have heard that the Pre Plus doesnt have it, or not to the pre extent. I have had 2 of the 3 replaced because of it, but to be honest, it was never a real issue, just irritated me. I am currently selling my Samsung Moment, a well built slider if ever there was one, and have bought a used Pre on ebay, because i miss having an oreo'd, but super intuitive and easy to operate phone. Its just a damn nice phone, is all. The 3rd one I said I had? My wife (who is a technophobe) commandeered it and loves it. Because of the simplicity.
    not sure if mine will twist,,never tried to twist it,why would anyone try purposely to twist there phone.i think most oreo affects are from some people who try purposly to see if there phone will twist.had this phone for 6 months and have not had a twist,nor have I tried to.always open slider with 2 thumbs,,equal pressue on each side,insted of always pushing up on 1 side. Thinking logically,pushing on one side over and over would create a twist to one side.